Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 26, 2009, 08:48:29 PM
Quote from: Tamas on December 26, 2009, 07:34:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2009, 07:10:21 PM
Torchlight is 5 bucks. All the kids seem to like it.

Do tell me how it plays

Like Diablo
Played the demo some, very clicky, but seems fun for a few hours.

katmai

Speaking of Steam, is HOI III worth $7.50?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: katmai on December 27, 2009, 02:30:48 PM
Speaking of Steam, is HOI III worth $7.50?

Maybe, but I wouldn't buy it from Steam myself.  Paradox and Steam don't play well together at all.  There are constant delays and problems with patches, registration keys, and IIRC you would HAVE to buy any future expansion packs from Steam as well.

Not sure how much any of those matter to you.  I would think someone else will sell it for the same price before it is a must have game.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on December 26, 2009, 05:58:06 PM
Big boobies.  I had fun with it, though I got mad at it occasionally.
I really like it so far, but it's extremely strange.  You can tell it's an import... even with the 'enhanced director's cut edition' some of the dialogue has an odd feel to it.

The oddest thing about it, thematically, is that Geralt is some brooding legacy of kain-type dude, yet goes out of his way to bang every chick he can find.  I especially liked the cut scene involving him drilling the barmaid.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Day of Defeat: Source for 2.50? bingo.

Time to annoy some 'tards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on December 27, 2009, 02:47:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 26, 2009, 05:58:06 PM
Big boobies.  I had fun with it, though I got mad at it occasionally.
I really like it so far, but it's extremely strange.  You can tell it's an import... even with the 'enhanced director's cut edition' some of the dialogue has an odd feel to it.

The oddest thing about it, thematically, is that Geralt is some brooding legacy of kain-type dude, yet goes out of his way to bang every chick he can find.  I especially liked the cut scene involving him drilling the barmaid.

The game is Polish.  Just be glads Gerald the Witchy does suck on people's toes.  But the biggest flaw in the game is the main character really isn't that likable.  He's sort of a monotone Orkin man who can cause women to go into heat.   Also he seems ripped off Moorcocks books.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Today's question

Orange Box on steam worth $14.99?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on December 28, 2009, 04:27:52 PM
Portal alone is worth $15.

Then my miserly ways are paying off as i picked up Dead Space and Hoi III yesterday, oblivion on x-mas eve and will grab this today.

Grey Fox

Yeah, Portal is worth it, so is TF2 & you get tons of Half Life mod too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Any of you played Borderlands?

I've read that multiplayer is awesome but I don't know any gamers other then you guys.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on December 28, 2009, 04:29:30 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 28, 2009, 04:27:52 PM
Portal alone is worth $15.

Then my miserly ways are paying off as i picked up Dead Space and Hoi III yesterday, oblivion on x-mas eve and will grab this today.

Okay Fahdiz. :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

For anyone who owns a 360 & still doesn't have Modern Warfare 2, Target & Amazon have it this week for $39.99.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on December 29, 2009, 11:47:06 AM
For anyone who owns a 360 & still doesn't have Modern Warfare 2, Target & Amazon have it this week for $39.99.

:hmm:

sbr

The King Arthur Role Playing War Game is 19.99 on Steam.