News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on July 29, 2009, 08:12:39 AM
They've now responded to my initial email and said I was refunded, but I don't see the reverse charge yet.

Give it a day. I did it via email. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I see Dawn of War II is 25 bucks at Steam.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

If anyone wants Madden 10 cheap for the 360, Microcenter has an in-store deal for this weekend only where if you put $5 down on a pre-order, you get a coupon for $25 off when it releases.  Bottom line, you end up getting the game for $35 plus tax.

I already have the game on pre-order with Amazon, but I might do this Microcenter deal so I have the game the day it releases, & then flip my Amazon copy whenever it gets to me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Well, still haven't played much Madden 09
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on August 07, 2009, 12:05:59 PM

I never played 09 at all.  One thing I like about 10 is that they've slowed the game down a bit, so that the players run at more realistic speeds.  I've always had a hard time adjusting from NCAA to Madden since in Madden everything just seems to happen way too fast.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zoupa

Why is it that gamersgate price for eu3 complete is 28 bucks, but i can get it for 13 including shipping, from ebay?

Retail box, not used or anything from one of those ebay store thingies, not just a dude selling his copy.

This is dumb.

Grey Fox

Fallout is now available on Steam if gog.com was too hard for you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Zoupa on August 16, 2009, 12:35:31 AM
Why is it that gamersgate price for eu3 complete is 28 bucks, but i can get it for 13 including shipping, from ebay?

Retail box, not used or anything from one of those ebay store thingies, not just a dude selling his copy.

This is dumb.

Amazon has low prices like that too.

Grey Fox

Direct2Drive is turning 5. To celebrate games are/will be on sales for 5$ ea.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

The only games I'd be interested in (MLB 2K9 and Call of Juarez) aren't available outside North America.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2009, 12:56:21 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 07, 2009, 12:05:59 PM

I never played 09 at all.  One thing I like about 10 is that they've slowed the game down a bit, so that the players run at more realistic speeds.  I've always had a hard time adjusting from NCAA to Madden since in Madden everything just seems to happen way too fast.

Everything is that much faster in the pro game. :P

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 15, 2009, 01:14:16 PM

Gonna try to get the X-Com bundle.
It's kinda annoying how I have to always contact tech support when buying games online, since my billing address is in the States, while my ISP is Korean. Steam and Stardock fixed the problem pretty quickly, and Gamersgate never had a problem, so hopefully Direct2Drive will sort things out quickly.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 15, 2009, 01:14:16 PM

I got Bioshock and STALKER Chernobyl.  Bioshock seems fun; this is my first time playing it.

Caliga

Fable II: Episode 1 is currently free for X360.  Downloading it now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on October 03, 2009, 05:28:17 AM
Fable II: Episode 1 is currently free for X360.  Downloading it now.

Does it require Fable II?

How do you download it?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.