News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I shouldn't buy games though FOG Empires does increasingly tempt me.
Whats the relation with FOG 2? Completely separate games or there's some interplay there? The Persia expansion at all worth it? Just noicing offers around it.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2020, 11:42:29 AM
Whats the relation with FOG 2? Completely separate games or there's some interplay there? The Persia expansion at all worth it? Just noicing offers around it.

Separate games but you can resolve Empire battles using FOG 2.

Early on that is what I did, but since they have improved the ingame battle resolution I have just been playing Empires  as a stand alone as it is quite good.

Persia is definitely worth it.  It adds a lot - for example each faction plays quite differently. It is a different experience from the base game. 

The Brain

Since they were both on sale I got both Steel Division 2 and Mius Front. Let the best game win. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2020, 11:59:11 AM

Early on that is what I did, but since they have improved the ingame battle resolution I have just been playing Empires  as a stand alone as it is quite good.

Persia is definitely worth it.  It adds a lot - for example each faction plays quite differently. It is a different experience from the base game. 

So without FOG2 the battles in Empires are EU style, with its more Total War?
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

Is FOG Empires strictly Roman and such?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2020, 02:47:34 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2020, 11:59:11 AM

So without FOG2 the battles in Empires are EU style, with its more Total War?

More leaning toward EU style, you don't move the units around the battlefield but you see the battlefield and how each unit performs.  The makeup of your army is critical.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on June 28, 2020, 12:24:39 AM
Is FOG Empires strictly Roman and such?

It is a time period game, so everything from the Roman period is in and same with the Persian DLC.  The game does a good job of dealing with the Helenic world as Rome emerges.  The Persian DLC does a great job simulating the rise of the Persian empire.

Razgovory

I'm looking at Armored Brigade on Steam.  28 bucks.  Anyone play this?  Doesn't Tamas work for Matrix Games or something?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2020, 05:54:39 PM
I'm looking at Armored Brigade on Steam.  28 bucks.  Anyone play this?  Doesn't Tamas work for Matrix Games or something?

Not since end of last year, no :p

Armored Brigade is pretty neat and can be quite fun but it does require some interest in Cold War era tactical warfare.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on June 27, 2020, 12:57:34 PM
Since they were both on sale I got both Steel Division 2 and Mius Front. Let the best game win. :)

Any opinions?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on July 20, 2020, 02:20:50 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 27, 2020, 12:57:34 PM

Any opinions?

Haven't really gotten to playing yet. -_-
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Total War: Troy is out and free on Epic Games for the next 24 hours.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 13, 2020, 08:15:16 AM
Total War: Troy is out and free on Epic Games for the next 24 hours.

I am going to grab it because why not but I must say I am extremely uninterested in the topic.

Syt

I'm extremely interested in the topic (and wish there were more Bronze Age games ... hoping for a Field of Glory Empires expansion ... or army lists for FOG2), and while the reviews aren't horrible, they also don't seem to be great. Basically it seems good, but not as good as Three Kingdoms or Warhammer II.

That said, I broke down and have now registered with Epic to claim this game. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Syt on August 13, 2020, 08:25:20 AM
I'm extremely interested in the topic (and wish there were more Bronze Age games ... hoping for a Field of Glory Empires expansion ... or army lists for FOG2), and while the reviews aren't horrible, they also don't seem to be great. Basically it seems good, but not as good as Three Kingdoms or Warhammer II.

That said, I broke down and have now registered with Epic to claim this game. :blush:

Epic is great for collecting free games and never playing them.