News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Total War: Shogun 2 is free on Steam at the moment.

mongers

Quote from: Solmyr on April 28, 2020, 02:31:13 AM
Total War: Shogun 2 is free on Steam at the moment.

Nice find Solmyr. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Iormlund

Syt

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/14956/Square_Enix_Eidos_Anthology/

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider
2. Just Cause 3
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Life is Strange: Complete Season
5. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
6. Tomb Raider (2013)
7. Tomb Raider I
8. Tomb Raider II
9. Tomb Raider III
10. Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
11. Tomb Raider V Chronicles
12. Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
13. Tomb Raider Legend
14. Tomb Raider Anniversary
15. Tomb Raider Underworld
16. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
17. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
18. Just Cause
19. Just Cause 2
20. Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
21. Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
22. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
23. Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
24. Deus Ex: Invisible War
25. Deus Ex: The Fall
26. Thief
27. Thief: Deadly Shadows
28. Thief II: The Metal Age
29. Thief Gold
30. Battlestations: Pacific
31. Battlestations: Midway
32. Project Snowblind
33. Mini Ninjas
34. Order of War
35. Flora's Fruit Farm
36. Supreme Commander 2
37. Conflict: Desert Storm
38. Conflict: Denied Ops
39. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
40. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
41. Legacy of Kain: Defiance
42. Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
43. Dungeon Siege
44. Dungeon Siege II
45. Dungeon Siege III
46. Anachronox
47. Pandemonium
48. Deathtrap Dungeon
49. Daikatana
50. Omikron: The Nomad Soul
51. Goetia
52. Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
53. Lara Croft GO
54. The Turing Test

For 38,30€
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

If you don't fear Epic, I believe they still have on their free giveaway of GTAV
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Star Traders Frontiers is on sale on steam - 40% off

Solmyr

Got this email from the Total War website:

Mark your calendars because A Total War Saga: TROY will be FREE to claim for 24 hours from the Epic store on August 13. Check your inbox as we countdown the days until release!

Razgovory

Epic is putting out stuff that is very tempting...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I've claimed a bunch of epic stuff. Yet to actually install any of it though
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Is the Total War Troy game going to feature a single province which takes 10 turns to besiege? I hope so  :mad:

Razgovory

Quote from: Solmyr on June 02, 2020, 02:38:42 PM
Got this email from the Total War website:

Mark your calendars because A Total War Saga: TROY will be FREE to claim for 24 hours from the Epic store on August 13. Check your inbox as we countdown the days until release!

I think they are expecting poor sales for the Troy game.  Nobody seems to like it.  It caters to neither people interested in the Bronze age or people who are interested in the Greek myths.  Instead it looks more like Hollywood fantasy with out the fantastic elements.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Josquius

I haven't followed its development at all.
But the melding of fantasy and history seemed to work well for them with three kingdoms. Maybe with this they're effectively doing Rome 3 but with an earlier start date and fantasy elements?
I guess the name troy they figured sold better than illiad or greece or whatever, and didn't they already have sparta?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on June 03, 2020, 03:54:40 PM
I haven't followed its development at all.
But the melding of fantasy and history seemed to work well for them with three kingdoms. Maybe with this they're effectively doing Rome 3 but with an earlier start date and fantasy elements?
I guess the name troy they figured sold better than illiad or greece or whatever, and didn't they already have sparta?

I don't think so, this was supposed be like their Britannia game, a narrow time period and geography.   But it looks like they thought bringing in the leader elements from three kingdoms would work well with the bronze age hero concept.  As Raz says, it also looks like they missed the mark by making a game that was true to neither myth nor history. 

Razgovory

I haven't watched much of it, but the little I did see looked like the movie Troy which wasn't very good when it was released.  In other words the game looks bland and generic.