News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yeah, it looks amazing, and the gameplay is absolutely fine, but it does become a lot to manage. Not on Factorio levels, but I feel it's notably more complex/busywork than the previous titles (though I haven't tried the Sci-Fi versions).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Far cry 5 finished in time for cancellation.
Wow that ending sucked.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2019, 05:36:47 AM
Wow that ending sucked.

The whole game sucked.  Who thought it was a good idea for the player to get kidnapped 9 times?  I never finished it, some sort of error caused a blue screen of death.  I took this as a sign and uninstalled the damn thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2019, 08:44:31 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2019, 05:36:47 AM
Wow that ending sucked.

The whole game sucked.  Who thought it was a good idea for the player to get kidnapped 9 times?  I never finished it, some sort of error caused a blue screen of death.  I took this as a sign and uninstalled the damn thing.
Yeah, that was stupid. Once, OK, fine. But that it happened every bloody time you levelled up your threat level...Jesus. What sort of amateur are we dealing with here.

I liked the game a lot in general though, putting aside the main story. It had cool Red Dawn/Rambo vibes.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Company of Heroes 2 is free on Steam atm, and its DLCs are at -75%.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zoupa

Late to the party, but I'd recommend Battletech. There are loads of mods out there and the gameplay is pretty fun if repetitive.

Josquius

Very repetitive. And slow. Its OK. But not brilliant.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Thinking about getting Pathfinder: Kingmaker in the Steam sale - but I am reading a bunch of negative reviews.

So I come to the people I trust, what say you?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Is there a "no fucking hentai" search option on Steam?  This is getting fucking ridiculous.

frunk

I think most Hentai has some fucking, so that's a pretty narrow category you are looking for.

mongers

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 29, 2019, 06:52:24 PM
Is there a "no fucking hentai" search option on Steam?  This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Too right brother, the place is awash with the stuff.

I wonder if there's any way of excluding the 'publishers' from search results?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 29, 2019, 03:30:11 PM
Thinking about getting Pathfinder: Kingmaker in the Steam sale - but I am reading a bunch of negative reviews.

So I come to the people I trust, what say you?

It was a buggy unfinished mess on release, it got considerably better with patches, although I haven't finished it yet. It's certainly enjoyable if you're into the genre.

katmai

i've liked it, but very early in the game.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son