News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I like the new Anno but it gets crazy complicated once you get new world islands.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2019, 04:55:02 AM
I've checked out the Ghost Recon beta with it (awesome, I liked Widlands, this is that just better), and now playing The Division 2.

I loved the map in wildlands, but the AI was gobsmackingly stupid. That's what killed it for me.

Making bots spawn behind you and hit you square between the eyes from a km away does not count as AI.

Solmyr

Endless Space is free on Humble Store for a couple of days.

Caliga

Call of Cthulhu 50% off on Steam in case anyone is interested
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

celedhring

What's Languish' consensus on Battletech? It's on the current monthly bundle.

I used to play the boardgame when I was a teen, and I've dug the company's Shadowrun games, but reception seems to be a bit mixed?

Tonitrus

It looked good to me...the only thing that held me back from getting it is that I'd prefer a more customizable/sand-boxing play style in that kind of game...and the impression I've had from reviews/videos is that it nails you pretty tightly to the campaign/story line.

Syt

They've added a sandbox mode in the meantime, IIRC.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I'm fine with a heavily scripted campaign. Bought it.

Now I only to find time...

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2019, 08:19:19 AM
I like the new Anno but it gets crazy complicated once you get new world islands.

Indeed.

Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2019, 04:55:02 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 11, 2019, 03:22:19 AM
ubisoft with their horrid steam rip-off "uplay" have launched uplay+
Basically pay £15 a month and get unlimited access to playing a library of games....
And....
Its free for September just so long as you cancel before October. I'm giving the new Anno game a spin.

I've checked out the Ghost Recon beta with it (awesome, I liked Widlands, this is that just better), and now playing The Division 2.

Remember to cancel your subscriptions soon.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Josquius

Got a reminder set for Saturday.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 25, 2019, 09:58:17 AM

I just cancelled and it told me my subscription will terminate at the end of the month.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2019, 05:09:30 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 25, 2019, 09:58:17 AM

I just cancelled and it told me my subscription will terminate at the end of the month.
Cool, will do it now then, ta.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Is the Anno game worth buying?

garbon

I'd say no. Maybe if one had infinite time but I think those days are past most of us. Supply chain gets very complicated, as GF mentioned, once you get a new world island.