News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I went ahead and bought all of the Pathfinder expansions sine they are all on sale too, and I'm thinking other than that I'm done with the summer sale.

I was tempted to pick up Three Kingdoms but the discount is only 10% and I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to games.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sophie Scholl

Cal (or others):  Pillars of Eternity or Pathfinder: Kingmaker?  Also, I'm contemplating getting Scythe.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Caliga

Pathfinder is still really fun.  I'm now getting into the kingdom management aspect of the game, which is weird getting used to but pretty interesting.  It reminds me of the old D&D rules for ruling territories.

I never beat the original PoE but liked it, for the most part.  I did beat PoE 2 and loved it, and eventually will replay it with all the expansions.

Never heard of Scythe till you mentioned it, but I just checked it out on Steam and it looks interesting. :hmm:

celedhring

I loved PoE but gotta say towards the end I was beginning to get tired with all the combat. Too many same-y fights every few steps. I wish they cut out some of those and focused on creating a few interesting encounters. The oldskool combat engine wasn't that thrilling, to begin with.

Pathfinder I played last december and it was a buggy mess. Glad that it seems to be mostly fixed now, I'll definitely go back to it once I finish my current Divinity Original Sin 2 playthrough.

PRC

I haven't played the Scythe port to PC game, but have played the board game a fair amount.  It seems to generate either tremendous love or tremendous hate.  I guess it's supposed to be a mix of "Ameritrash" style joined with "Eurogame" mechanics.  The mechanics are often abstract and may not always make in-game sense, but I enjoy it and find it a really good game.

Habbaku

I'm only ~3 hours into it, but I really like Pillars 2. The quality of art, interface, combat mechanisms, sound, etc. are all better than the first iteration, likely because they got a larger budget.

If you have a Wal-Mart near you, check the electronics section. I initially bought POE 2 from the Steam sale expecting to play it immediately after beating the first one. But Wal-Mart had a physical copy with a Steam key for $9.96 or something, so...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Quote from: celedhring on July 08, 2019, 09:17:50 AM
Pathfinder I played last december and it was a buggy mess. Glad that it seems to be mostly fixed now, I'll definitely go back to it once I finish my current Divinity Original Sin 2 playthrough.
Haven't encountered a single bug or had a crash yet.

Pedrito

There's a fantastic bundle of CK2 expansions at humblebundle, for the two guys here who don't already own all the major DLCs.

Go buy it, and don't forget to put your duplicate keys in the game gift thread!  ;)

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josquius

Makes me really regret having bought them all. Wasn't that long ago too.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Big Mid-Week Sale on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20190731_midweek_sale

Includes small to huge discounts on Stellaris & most DLC, Age of Wonders 1-3, Gary Grigsby's War in the East & West, Panzer Corps, Distant Worlds Universe, Field of Glory II & DLC, and more strategy titles. like older Paradox games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I can't use those if my Paradox games are on steam, right?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Board game sale on Steam, includes a bunch of Slitherine/Matrix titles.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/board_games_weekend/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

ubisoft with their horrid steam rip-off "uplay" have launched uplay+
Basically pay £15 a month and get unlimited access to playing a library of games....
And....
Its free for September just so long as you cancel before October. I'm giving the new Anno game a spin.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on September 11, 2019, 03:22:19 AM
ubisoft with their horrid steam rip-off "uplay" have launched uplay+
Basically pay £15 a month and get unlimited access to playing a library of games....
And....
Its free for September just so long as you cancel before October. I'm giving the new Anno game a spin.

I've checked out the Ghost Recon beta with it (awesome, I liked Widlands, this is that just better), and now playing The Division 2.