PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Apparently the Steam sale launched, and then Steam promptly crashed. :lol:

I feel like this has happened several times before. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Almost every time there is a sale, iirc.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Meh. I'm in no rush to buy anything that's on sale. It'll be up again within hours--that's fast enough for me.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Minsky Moment

Tamas mentioned the Microsoft game pass trial in the other thread.  There is a $1 for a month promotion on.

An interesting feature is that if you have an XBox live gold account, the $1 promotion upgrades you to a full ultimate game pass.  The upgrade applies to any and all prepaid time  I.e. if you prepaid a year of live at $60 and you do the $1 promotion, the $1 gets you the ultimate pass for the entire year. 

You can prepay up to 3 years and thus get 3 years of ultimate game pass for $5 per month.  The game pass includes both PC and console game access.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Habbaku

Looks like it's back up. I'm going to buy Pillars of Eternity 2, at the very least. 50% off, and I'm almost done with the first one...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Anyone see any good multiplayer games on sale? I'm looking for something I can rope my friends into.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Quote from: Habbaku on June 25, 2019, 04:25:32 PM
Looks like it's back up. I'm going to buy Pillars of Eternity 2, at the very least. 50% off, and I'm almost done with the first one...
:thumbsup: I loved it and was recently contemplating a second playthrough.

mongers

Yes the crashing was humourously predictable.

Had a quick glance and couldn't see anything much worth getting.

Though Civ6 is 75% off if you've not got it, but then again the DLC seems a necessity and that stuff is still overpriced.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Is Pathfinder: Kingmaker good?

celedhring

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2019, 12:35:46 PM
Is Pathfinder: Kingmaker good?

Used to be monumentally buggy, but ambitious. Honestly haven't checked it since past Christmas, dunno if the patches have improved it.

Caliga

I went ahead and bought it.  I will: report back.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2019, 10:34:14 PM
I went ahead and bought it.  I will: report back.
yeah, I'm  gonna need you to come in on Saturday so you can get that report back before the end of sale.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

So far, I really like it.  Very much like the Baldur's Gate series, and it uses D&D rules so it's pretty easy to figure out the mechanics and stuff.