And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 25, 2018, 04:53:41 PM
Thanks  :)

I might also be a bit jaded in that I played the opening moves as the Germans a few hundred times in order to help code the AI moves as the Axis way back when (2011 or so).  Against human opponents I could do a rather demoralizing 1st couple of turns by the time I had enough of the game.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

I picked up HOI IV. I'm bewildered. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2018, 06:03:42 AM

Yeah. I never bothered buying it or 3 after a quick play left me totally confused.
Decided to get it since its on humble bundle though... And still none the wiser.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2018, 06:03:42 AM

Read the manual, you Brit you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I read the beginner's guide (and the Italy guide as that's the nation in the tutorial) and started playing the tutorial. It felt like a lot of work. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2018, 08:50:03 AM
I read the beginner's guide (and the Italy guide as that's the nation in the tutorial) and started playing the tutorial. It felt like a lot of work. :Embarrass:

I agree, though it felt like less work than HoI3.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Tried to just jump into War in the East - Um, I think I have some manual reading to do. :D

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2018, 09:18:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2018, 08:50:03 AM

I agree, though it felt like less work than HoI3.

Just 'finished' tutorial. I see that it taught me about say 20% of the interface? :D

Caliga

So I'm trying to decide between some games in the Steam sale:

Torment: Tides of Numenara
Pillars of Eternity II
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Help me decide.  TIA.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I never did beat the first one, but I really liked it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Pedrito

TToN is rather dull; pity, because I was expecting a lot more from the game. I think the developers added some content with after release patches.
KC:D  I did not play it
PoE II I started it and enjoyed it very much, but after a while the game became too heavy for my old pc, so I stopped. I played about ten hours, and liked it a lot.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2018, 04:15:23 PM
I never did beat the first one, but I really liked it.

Thanks for the reminder, I have it on steam but haven't gotten around to installing and playing it yet. :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Paradox games are on sale on steam

mongers

Civ 4 Complete is 75% off on Gog at the moment, drm free and on sale for a few more days.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"