News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star citizen

Started by Alcibiades, November 26, 2013, 02:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Meanwhile: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/star-citizens-ridiculous-ship-prices-hit-a-new-high-with-46000-dlc-bundle

QuoteStar Citizen's ridiculous ship prices hit a new high with £46,000 DLC bundle
You'll need to cough up a grand for the pleasure first

Seemingly not content with having raised over $650 million for a game in development for over a decade without a full release date in sight, Star Citizen is now offering a new way for those with too much money to spend it: a bundle of digital ships costing £46,000.

Yes, that's forty-six thousand pounds. Technically, £46,080 - or $48,000. That's about ten grand more than the average person in the UK earns in a year, and more than the average mortgage deposit you need to buy a house. A real house, made of bricks, rather than one that you can only visit by booting up your PC.

The Legatus 2953 bundle includes more than 175 different ships from all of Star Citizen's in-game manufacturers, along with a bunch of other cosmetics and items - from backpacks and helmets to tools and weapons. FYI, one of those weapons, the Karna "Ascension" Rifle, won't be available until later in Q1 2024, just in case you pick up the set.

"Ahead of all others, this definitive armada is an equal match to the noble title of Legatus Navium," the bundle's description reads. "[It] empowers every fleet commander to forge a lasting legacy, leading humanity towards a brighter future." Uh-huh. I think I'll save my money, ta.

While it seems a relative drop in the bucket compared to the £46,000 price tag on the bundle itself, you'll need to spend a grand on Star Citizen to even be able to buy the mega-collection in the first place, as it's locked behind the game's Chairman's Club, which only grants access to those who've spent at least $1,000 through its store.

Of course, Star Citizen is no stranger to pricey DLC offerings, having earned a reputation for itself by selling virtual ships for hundreds of pounds to raise hundreds of millions despite the game being now into its second decade of development (with a separate single-player game, Squadron 42, also in the works) without a clear idea of when it will actually release. It does look nice, though.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Legatus-2953
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

The earth is glitching and crying out through every avenue it can "let me die"
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 07, 2024, 04:45:47 PMLooks like the game is actually getting closer to release for better or worse.  The persistent universe is actually pretty neat and you can play it now if you've bought any of the founding editions or what ever in the past.  Some friends play it a lot and I've logged in with them a good amount. Looks amazing, plays well... just needs some more game loops for the MMO portion, need a reason to log in other than just make money and get bigger ship. But development pace seems to be increasing faster with the single player campaign completed.

What's this spam bot? :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

It is expected to get to Beta testing by the end of the decade?
PDH!

Tamas

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 07, 2024, 07:54:49 PMIt is expected to get to Beta testing by the end of the decade?

You can secure your 2029 beta access today for the cheap price of $2999!

Razgovory

This bullshit is still going on?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!