News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

My first ever Languish themed dream.

I'm talking to mono in his apartment and he says "Yi you need a haircut."  So he starts cutting my hair.  I complain when he starts cutting off an ear lobe.  Then he tells me to pull my pants down, which I do, but when he reaches with his scissors to cut my ass hair, I decide that's too intimate and clench my ass cheeks in defense.

The end

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2020, 07:39:26 PM
My first ever Languish themed dream.

I'm talking to mono in his apartment and he says "Yi you need a haircut."  So he starts cutting my hair.  I complain when he starts cutting off an ear lobe.  Then he tells me to pull my pants down, which I do, but when he reaches with his scissors to cut my ass hair, I decide that's too intimate and clench my ass cheeks in defense.

The end

TMI?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2020, 08:07:35 PM
Just enough

OK positive spin, there's no homo-eroticism or an actual weird sexual undertone, it just sub-consciously you're desperate for a haircut, but with the corona-virus shut-down you're unlikely to find an open barbers? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

That's the thing though, I don't need a haircut.

I think it's more a reflection of my opinion of mono.  Like he's just the type of guy that likes to give people bad haircuts.  Plus the fact he's odd.

PRC

You were okay with pulling your pants down but not with the ass hair cut.  Therefore you were open to being pegged but not to the male grooming.  This can only mean that you're gay, but also super lazy.

Admiral Yi

It can't be laziness, because he's the one doing the work.

I think the ass thing revolves around three points.   

1. I've got a really hairy ass crack. Some clean up would be nice.

2.  If a chick does it, she's looking at your nasty ass and thinks you're gross.

3.  If a dude does it,, he's spending an awful lot of time right at your butt hole.

The dream is expressing the tension of that dilemma IIMO.

Eddie Teach

Your dream self is very obliging.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

I had a really vivid dream last night (and I can rarely remember my dreams).

I was out to play hockey with my rec league team.  Some people came into the dressing room to rob us.  I wouldn't give them what they wanted (my wallet), and escaped to call police.  When I came back in, the robbers had taken everything - my hockey equipment (that seemed important), my wallet, my keys, my phone, etc.  I was left with nothing.

I had to borrow a really shitty car from someone (I think it was a Chevette), to try and get to the bank to try and get new cards, etc.  But it was so terrible it would hardly drive.

I think it's a virus metaphor - that it took so much from me.  But any amateur psychologists can feel free to have at it also.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

I pretty much never seem to dream, or at least don't remember them past a few minutes after waking up, but this one time...

Dreamed I had been relocated to a base in Korea.  Not one of the regular US bases there, but a giant arcology (such that it is big enough to have its own airstrip built in) in Seoul.  Nothing super high-tech about it...the inside was about about the same crappy tech you might see nowadays.  And some flirtatious talk with a local Korean greasemonkey-type girl with silver (dyed) hair. 

Probably some latent anime (though I never watch any) trope and Wing Commander influences.

Josephus

Apparently weird vivid dreams are a thing now. A benefit, perhaps, of corona?

I dreamed I was playing soccer. I played for some mid-level club and we were playing Real Madrid.

At half time we were up 2-0.

But then they brought on Ronaldo (yes, yes, I know).  And it started to go downhill from there.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Have youse guys ever had dreams that referred back to old dreams?

Way back I had a dream I owned three cars.  The regular car, a clunker, and a sporty rice burner, maybe a Mazda.  I remember it was hard to find parking and I sometimes forgot where they were parked.

Last night the Mazda showed up in a new dream, one about traveling in a convoy cross country with my brother and mother.

celedhring

I just had a variant of the "dream that you're naked in front of everybody" nightmare, but this time it involved not wearing a face mask  :hmm: