News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Nightmare last night. I often have involved nightmares with paranoid features.

I dreamed that there was a plot hatched by the owner of a fancy restaurant to resurrect the Pharaoh Akhenaten and put him in charge of the world forever.

All the world leaders were to attend a banquet at this restaurant, where they were to be poisoned and their juices extracted by a sort of blender in the kitchen to fuel this resurrection. In a secret room under the dining hall, there was an Egyptian temple with the mummy of the Pharaoh Akhenaten surrounded by gold ritual objects.

I was the only one who knew this secret plot. To foil it, I had to gather a sack full of rats and let them loose in the restaurant. This would attract the attention of the health inspectors, who would investigate and discover the poison, giant blender, and mummy room.

The rest of the dream was about chasing the rats and putting them in a sack - I had to chase them through endlessly branching subway tunnels and sewers-- and they kept escaping and biting my hands. At last, I had a sack with several rats in it - I was really worried if there were enough rats.

Finally, I had a full sack, and was going to the elevator banks to take the elevator to the restaurant. Only, it was during the day, and I kept spotting people who may or may not be Egyptian priests dressed as business people. They had suits on, but some of them had jewelry with Egyptian motifs - an Eye of Horus on a gold watch, or Ankh earrings. Gradually, I noted  that the closer I got to the restaurant, the more Egyptian motifs I spotted.

Plus, everyone was looking at me funny.

Then I realized people may be looking at me because I was wearing pyjamas and slippers, filthy from crawling through subway tunnels and sewers, and carrying a squirming sack filled with live rats. 

I got on an elevator up to the restaurant. The elevator was full of businessmen. One businessman in particular looked at me with anger. He looked like a mummy--he was bald and ancient, his face a mass of wrinkles. He looked like he'd been dead a few thousand years, but his suit was immaculate. He asked "why are you dressed like that?!"

I said "It's casual Friday".

He said "no, it's Thursday".

I knew he was right, I had screwed up the days and something terrible was going to happen. "You aren't properly dressed for Thursday. Let us help you".

Then everyone on the elevator seized me. My sack of rats was taken away and from somewhere the businessmen produced yards of linen bandages and began to swaddle me in them. I screamed for help but no one was there to hear. The elevator was covered in gold decorations and I realized it was shrinking and becoming the inside of a ceremonial coffin. I was swaddled up so tightly I could not move at all.

Then I heard the Egyptian businessman's voice: "This is your reward: a kingly gift. You will serve the Pharaoh Akhenaten forever.   

Now for your punishment, for daring to oppose the god."

A hatch was opened and the sack of rats was emptied onto my face; then the hatch shut again.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

That was too logical to be a dream.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Okay, so it's Good Friday, a stat holiday.  I get up with the boys, get them their breakfast, then lie down on Josh's bed.  The boys have playdates, but one of the things I needed to do this morning was get some money from the bank machine for them.

Anyways, I start dreaming I need to get money for the boys.  I'm with my wife at the mall.  We go to a bank.  I try to use an ATM, but the ATM is more like some kind of weird video game.  I stand in line, but then they insist I need to open a new account.

Then I realize my wife isn't around.  I try to go back through the mall to fine her, but it's turned into some kind of weird American Gladiator-style obstacle course. I think "this is stupid.  I must have fallen asleep at the bank and am dreaming.  I need to wake up".

And then I did.

Weird - I don't think I ever realized I was dreaming while dreaming, and I definitely never willed myself awake like that before.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I pretty frequently realize I'm dreaming.  What I usually do in those cases is try to fly.  I used to be a lot better at flying but recently the best I can do is lie on my back and kind of float.

derspiess

I'm such a light sleeper a lot of the time that I can make myself wake up-- particularly if the dream starts going a way I don't like.  Conversely, if I inadvertently wake up from a good dream, I can occasionally go back to sleep and continue the dream.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on April 19, 2019, 11:10:24 AMI dreamed that there was a plot hatched by the owner of a fancy restaurant to resurrect the Pharaoh Akhenaten and put him in charge of the world forever.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056875/?ref_=tt_rec_tti

"An Egyptian caterer kills various women in suburban Miami to use their body parts to bring to life a dormant Egyptian goddess, while an inept police detective tries to track him down."
:hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

I had the weirdest nightmare over the weekend.

I was an IT guy and I was called into the white house to help Trump work out an issue on his computer. It was like being in one of those ironic hells that they showed on the Simpson, his very stupidity was maddening. :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Dreamt we were under night attack by Soviet paratroopers, most of them arriving in waves of propeller aircraft, many of them biplanes landing to disgorge the soldiers. One of the biplanes crashed between the houses.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

I dreamed that I was delivering furniture, and I had a whole delivery van full of furniture that was going to Cdm's apartment, which in the dream was a nice duplex.  Just as I was pulling into the parking lot there, it started snowing very heavily.  Seedy was supposed to be home, but wasn't for some reason, and the other guys working with me wanted to just unload his furniture in the parking lot.  I argued that he would be mad if we left it outside in the middle of a snowstorm, and asked his landlord (who was just standing in the parking lot for some reason, and who I just somehow knew, in that strange way you sometimes just know things in a dream, was the landlord even though I'd never seen him before) to unlock the door so we could put the new furniture inside.  Interestingly, the landlord also knew him as "Count de Money" which, even within the dream, I found odd.  We put his new furniture inside, but pulled all of his old furniture out and just left it in a heap in the parking lot.

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 22, 2019, 01:46:45 AM
I had the weirdest nightmare over the weekend.

I was an IT guy and I was called into the white house to help Trump work out an issue on his computer. It was like being in one of those ironic hells that they showed on the Simpson, his very stupidity was maddening. :bleeding:

Was he having trouble watching the Gorilla Channel?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on April 22, 2019, 07:24:27 AM
Dreamt we were under night attack by Soviet paratroopers, most of them arriving in waves of propeller aircraft, many of them biplanes landing to disgorge the soldiers. One of the biplanes crashed between the houses.  :hmm:

Did you watch Red Dawn and some WWI  film while asleep?  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 22, 2019, 10:38:05 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 22, 2019, 07:24:27 AM

Did you watch Red Dawn and some WWI  film while asleep?  :hmm:

No, nothing at all related to it, which makes it odd. :hmm: :ph34r:

Duque de Bragança

It's just that it reminded me of someone who complained of having bad dreams during a nap, as somebody else was watching a WWII doc in the same room.

mongers

Dreamt of someone who hasn't inhabited my sleep in years, got up walked around, went to bed and the dream continued. All very vivid.  :hmm: