News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

King of the Dragon Pass

Started by Oexmelin, September 19, 2011, 12:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

I seem to recall someone starting a thread here about the game.

It is now available on Apple store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/king-of-dragon-pass/id335545504?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Que le grand cric me croque !

Cecil

Hmm I wonder whats new in the 2.0 version...

garbon

Quote from: Cecil on September 19, 2011, 12:56:17 PM
Hmm I wonder whats new in the 2.0 version...

QuoteWhat's New in Version 2.0

iOS version adds over two dozen new scenes, Game Center achievements, new treasures, and streamlines game play.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Does it run under Windows normally or is there some sort of jackassery required?
PDH!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grinning_Colossus

will wait until someone rejiggers it for windows and then procure it somehow
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Cecil

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on September 20, 2011, 04:22:57 PM
will wait until someone rejiggers it for windows and then procure it somehow

Indeed.  ;)

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

mongers

I've the gog.com version, which apparently is a somewhat faithful conversion of the DOS orginal.

But I didn't realize the one on Steam is taken from android remodelling of the remade IOS one from a while back.

So does anyone know if there's that many significant difference?

I've started playing but as I didn't really play much of the original or gog.com version, I can't comment myself.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I think the newer versions have more events IIRC
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Newer version also shows more clearly on the screen how many cows/people/weaponthanes/etc you gain or lose every time something happens. Same way as they show it in Six Ages, via floating text on the screen.

And on GOG I believe you can select between playing the original and the IOS remake.

mongers

Quote from: Solmyr on July 01, 2020, 03:24:31 AM
Newer version also shows more clearly on the screen how many cows/people/weaponthanes/etc you gain or lose every time something happens. Same way as they show it in Six Ages, via floating text on the screen.

And on GOG I believe you can select between playing the original and the IOS remake.

Thanks you and Syt for the Update, will now endeavour to finish a game. :)

mongers

The Steam version has just been updated to include all of the bonus material available in the GOG.com release;

27 Sep, 2021

Dear kings, queens and aspiring tribe chiefs,

The royal messenger has brought us marvellous news! Finally, Steam owners of King of Dragon Pass will have access to the bonus material included with the GOG release.

In addition to the game, my liege, you will have the following:

Artworks
Game Manual
Quick Reference Card with descriptions of game and UI elements
Wallpaper
and Soundtrack: 27 tracks (MP3 and FLAC)