News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

My summoner with zombies and exploding skeletons almost managed to make it through tier 10 maps ... 2 missing. :D Didn't spend as much time playing as I could have, though.

Rather impressed with the build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627912

Tier 10 rare maps didn't make me break a sweat with a 5-link. :o

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters/wooofundead

I played 6 or so different builds through the campaign this league (more than in any other league), and I took breaks from it in between.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

This has been an interesting league.  I've tried 9 different builds and played 5 of them to 85+.  I've gotten significantly better at getting to endgame quickly, and set a personal speed record of 6 hours to beat Act 10 Kitava with Cruel Ascendancy completed.  I think Cobra Lash is my new favorite skill.

I played my first MF build (getting an early Bisco's Collar and Windrippers helped with that), and it funded much of what I did the rest of the league.  Not getting a Bino's Kitchen Knife all league, a not uncommon unique, drove me a bit nuts though.

I've realized that I don't really care about getting past level 90 anymore.  If I play it safe I certainly can, but it kills my fun when I have to keep worrying so much about death.  Much easier to just play it out.  The realization came with my level 90 Charged Dash build that is built tough and can dish out plenty of damage.  It has 5700 EHP, 80% Cold Resist, 1000 fire damage absorption, Infused Channelling, Fortify, 40% block chance (12% spell block), 27% evade chance and 40% physical damage reduction when my crab barriers are up.  I could pretty easily get to higher levels by playing it safe, but I had more fun running Tier 13+ maps with way too dangerous mods, masters and sextants.  I still don't die very much, but it's often enough that I'll probably never get past 90.  At that point an extra level or two doesn't add that much to the build anyway.

I'm intrigued by some of the bow support gems for 3.9, but I'll definitely be pulling back my play time considerably.  I've said that before, but I think they'll need a big announcement of a change in 3.9 to change my mind.

crazy canuck

Once I saw the plans for POE II I can't really pick this up again until it is released - it is going to be a significant quality of life improvement.

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2019, 12:25:11 PM
Once I saw the plans for POE II I can't really pick this up again until it is released - it is going to be a significant quality of life improvement.

Yeah, that's a definite possibility.

Iormlund

PoE 2 is at least a year away though.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the league, mostly because the combination of Zana Master Missions and increased drop from playing in a party allowed us to go maintain map drops.

The exploding SRS build was simply fantastic. Tanky as Hell and with enough clear for any tier. Could do any map mod as well. The only downside was straight boss DPS, mainly for red Blight maps. But we had a poison guy for those.

Not only I killed Elder for the first time, but my first run vs Shaper went fairly well. I'm sure I would've downed him had I been playing by myself, because my two mates died almost immediately after the first phase and I got the bastard to 10% before the combination of moving vortexes and bullet time got me.

Syt

So I made a final push tonight. Got the last two Tier 10 maps for the achievement. And also did the three Tier 11 I had. Which dropped more red maps.

"Ok," I thought, "Let's just run the ones we have, but let's not farm. Run each map once to complete it, that's it." And more new maps kept dropping.

This is the end result:

Good 3 hours worth of work, and a good dozen more red maps in my stash if I wanted to keep going. :D

Even with corrupted T15 with a dozen mods my build had little difficulty running them.  :cool:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Just realized that I'm a derp, and that the season runs another week. So I might have time to finish the atlas :shifty:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Iormlund

Finally built my new PC and I've been testing it today. Went from laggy gameplay to 85 consistent fps.  :w00t:

Syt

Patch notes:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687400

Summoner skills/passives get nerfed.

Also, this:

QuoteMonster Changes
- Boss encounters throughout the entire campaign have been made more difficult. In most cases they have significantly more life, will deal more damage, and use some skills and attacks more quickly. This is particularly true for Act bosses. Several bosses also have new skills.
- Many bosses with lengthy introductions (such as the Brine King) now take reduced damage for a short period immediately after becoming targetable.
- Monsters throughout the game now have more armour, from 33% at level 1 up to 2762% at level 84. Sounds a lot scarier than it is, because their base armour is stirringly unimpressive.
- Monster resistances throughout the game have been reviewed and made more consistent. In many cases this has resulted in more resistances on monsters.
- The Wave skill used by some Sea Witch monsters (such as Merveil's Daughter) is no longer considered a projectile, and will deal damage in a way that more accurately reflects its visuals.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Iormlund

Fairly underwhelming on the heels of Exilecon.

A couple things I disliked:

• They nerfed minions rather than Necro.
  • The addition of significant armor to bosses. It is a very arcane system and will disproportionally punish newbies and casuals. It will also impact mostly a few skills that do lots of small damage instances, such as bladestorm or cyclone (though the latter can handle it, being the best melee ability).

crazy canuck

I think it is confirmation that I will just put this metaphorically on the shelf and wait for 2.0

FunkMonk

Started a galvanic bow/shrapnel shot Scion yesterday. Idea is to stack life/evasion/dodge and get in people's faces to one shot them. Only at lvl 35 now though.

First thing I noticed was the amount of health the bosses have now. Tinkered a bit with my limited 3 and 4 link setup and so far I'm bursting down bosses in a few seconds. Seems good.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 18, 2019, 10:25:13 PM
Started a galvanic bow/shrapnel shot Scion yesterday. Idea is to stack life/evasion/dodge and get in people's faces to one shot them. Only at lvl 35 now though.

First thing I noticed was the amount of health the bosses have now. Tinkered a bit with my limited 3 and 4 link setup and so far I'm bursting down bosses in a few seconds. Seems good.

That is actually what makes the game boring for me.  It just becomes an exercise in getting the right gem set up and then walk through mowing everything down.  It got absurd in the last league with the necro build, sometimes a boss would be killed before I even realized I was in a boss fight.

FunkMonk

That's fair, but their recent buffing of boss HP levels and changing of some boss fight mechanics has helped a little. The game is still pretty easy levelling after you've figured it out.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Iormlund

The boss changes are really noticeable, though I still dislike how binary survivability is in this game.

Alive ... alive ... alive ... dead.