News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on September 15, 2019, 03:50:08 AM
Isn't Chober Chaber too slow for Dom Blow?

No?  I mean you don't have to kill things, you just have to tag them as long as they die in the next second.  The Sentinels are scaled primarily by the gem level, and the +2 from Chober Chaber makes them quite strong.

Iormlund

My main problem with Dom Blow was bosses, since your bright dudes would be gone and then you'd have to hit the boss for a while while he's focusing on you.

The Dancing Duo has a similar problem.

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 08, 2019, 08:54:02 PM
Zombie/spectre/flaming skleles.

The skeles for tower defence and bosses for extra kill speed but not really needed.  I run through spamming flesh offering while my minions clear everything- ridiculously overpowered.

Running spectre six slot, animated guardian and zombies on meat shield.  Everything melts on white maps, just about to yellow.

Iormlund

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on September 15, 2019, 01:18:10 PM
What kind of spectres? soldar Guards?

Slave Drivers.  They use an AOE lightening attack.  Really fast clear speed.  Its like having a small party of Arc Mages.  The AOE node helps and the node that give 10% ES based on life makes them indestructible.  I also use the lightening damage aura.

A huge quality of life improvement is that spectre level is based on the level of the gem, not the area they were created.  So you dont have to go though the desecrate  procedure anymore.  That said, they never die.  The only time I have had to create another one is one my max allowable goes up.

Syt

Managed to get my Jugg to Level 66, but died to Solaris/Lunaris :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on September 15, 2019, 12:18:30 PM
My main problem with Dom Blow was bosses, since your bright dudes would be gone and then you'd have to hit the boss for a while while he's focusing on you.

The Dancing Duo has a similar problem.

I have Zombies/Golems as backup.  With Feeding Frenzy and Deathmark they focus quite well on the target while you run around if necessary.  The Sentinels have a 30 second uptime (partially helped by Chober) so only the isolated bosses like Izaro or Guardians are a problem.

Syt

I've switched to a Toxic Rain (plus Mirage Archer) Trickster. Only finished Act 2, but damn. Suddenly Blights are not an issue any more, and I just breeze through the levels. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on September 17, 2019, 03:15:39 AM
I've switched to a Toxic Rain (plus Mirage Archer) Trickster. Only finished Act 2, but damn. Suddenly Blights are not an issue any more, and I just breeze through the levels. :D

I ran that in Delve league.  One of my favorite builds.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on September 17, 2019, 03:15:39 AM

My next character will be poison based, just not sure what it will be yet - but that along with Necro builds seems to be what this season is all about.

frunk

First time Windripper build with Bisco's Collar is already paying for itself.

On another note, there may or may not be a bug with Mana flasks with the Enduring prefix.  Enduring allows the flask to continue to run even when it maxes out.  You can also activate it as many times as you want and they run in sequence.  Just fire it a bunch of times when you enter a map and keep activating it when you can.  You'll never have to worry about Mana again.

Syt

Ran the Toxic Rain char to level 80 and a bit, then leveled a summoner (4 slaver spectres with lightning buffs, 9 zombies, guardian, carrion golem) to same.

And now I'm rather burned out. :D

Is it me, or might it be better if they paced leagues at every 4 or 6 months instead of every 3?
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on September 30, 2019, 03:28:33 PM
Ran the Toxic Rain char to level 80 and a bit, then leveled a summoner (4 slaver spectres with lightning buffs, 9 zombies, guardian, carrion golem) to same.

Is it me, or might it be better if they paced leagues at every 4 or 6 months instead of every 3?

I agree.  The Spring league is usually a bit of a mess, hurried and not as well thought out as others.  It would be best to either remove that league and replace it with some flashback or shorter challenge leagues, or stretch out the existing leagues an extra month each.

The good thing though is that skipping a league isn't a big deal.  Take a break, come back when you feel like it.  Any good elements from a league will almost certainly be rolled into the base game.

Iormlund

Quote from: Syt on September 30, 2019, 03:28:33 PM

No one here is the target audience for PoE. The target audience plays for thousands of hours and spends thousands of dollars. If they run out of content, they leave. And money runs out with them. To avoid that everything is gated behind rng and grind.
It's the same thing with most contemporary game publishers.

GGG tried different approaches to updating before. They found out that big expansions attracted many players, but payoff was low. Small patches, OTOH did not attract enough players back. In the end they settled on 13 weeks by trial and error. It's their sweet spot between amount of new content and influx/retention of player.

Syt

Yeah, I understand that. I find that I get furthest in a league if I have a build that doesn't require me to pay too much attention, while also having something to bingewatch or audiobooks I want to get through.

I find annoying how flasks are established in game. Instead of being a situational boost, the standard is that you're expected to have 3-5 flask effects up at all times in end game. At that point, why not just switch them over to passive effects, similar to jewels, or at least allow them to auto-trigger? It's unnecessary and cumbersome busy work.
—Stephen Jay Gould