News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on June 17, 2019, 12:47:18 PM
Hardcore players can start clearing maps within 6 to 8 hours. A build per week is not that surprising if PoE is your main hobby.

Main hobby? - you mean your life.

frunk

I usually figure about an hour per act, with my first character in a league taking a couple of extra hours.

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on June 17, 2019, 11:15:30 AM
Cyclone is pretty nice. You can run in circles around the mobs while they contemplate the end of their existence.

I just switched to Cyclone and it is much improved from before.  Looking forward to the fun of Vaal Cyclone.

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on June 17, 2019, 01:02:21 PM
I usually figure about an hour per act, with my first character in a league taking a couple of extra hours.

And then how long does it take to get through the maps to the point where you have maxed out your character.  There are guys already in the 90s

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2019, 01:52:08 PM

And then how long does it take to get through the maps to the point where you have maxed out your character.  There are guys already in the 90s

I've only ever gotten to level 92, so dunno.  Once you get to mapping the speed you can get through content diverges significantly based on the quality of the build.

Iormlund

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2019, 01:52:08 PM
Quote from: frunk on June 17, 2019, 01:02:21 PM

There were at least 3 lvl 100 characters last week on poe.ninja. Zizaran has levelled at least 4 characters already (he does HC), playing about as much as a full time job (which it is in his case).

As for me, my highest character went on to level 93 with a total of 50 hours played.

frunk

Decided to give Bane/Occultist a go after getting a Doedre's Damning and Vixen's Entrapment off of relatively little played.  I've done Occultist before as well as Bane/Scion but never both together.  So far combining 4 Curse Bane with Cold Snap is working very well.

Iormlund

I got a triple-corrupted Lightning Trap gem (21 lvl - 23 Qual - Vaal) to drop in a Legion encounter.

So naturally I'm rolling my first Saboteur. Still leveling up, but the Legion clear speed is fantastic.

crazy canuck

I am trying out a dual totem holy fire heirophant (sp?) did my first Lab run last night and so I have the skill that gives me three totems - seems OP.  I basically teleport around the map laying down totems, push my mana potions, and kill everything in an instant.  Boss fights are the same except it takes a couple of seconds.

Iormlund

I did Arc Hierophant in Betrayal, which was probably the easyest build I've run. Place totems, everything dies two screens over. And it had just been nerfed. It was even better in Delve.

frunk

I've been playing Spectral Shield Throw with the new Threshold Jewel.  Only Act 8 but I've been cruising.  The Jewel definitely makes it worthwhile.

Iormlund

Watched parts of a race to lvl 80 yesterday. The lead dude got to act 10 Kitava in 3 hours flat.  :wacko:

As someone who has enjoyed esports since Counterstrike, I found it fun. But with such duration the commentators themselves are going to be ridiculously important to keep the events from going stale (and casters are IMHO already the biggest factor in any esport broadcast).

GGG would also need to balance the skills so we see a lot more build variety.

frunk

Maybe I'm missing something, but completing Zana missions is almost pointless, right?  Sometimes the Zana mission will complete by getting something (a unique, div card, ...) but other times it's just touching stones.  Zana progression is through Shaper not missions.  Starting a Zana mission resets the vendor but doesn't depend on completing it.  Other master missions are tied to things you want anyway.  Jun gets intel and recipes, Einhar beasts, Alva temple progress, Niko Sulphite for delving.  Zana isn't intrinsically useful except if you want favor for decorations.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on July 08, 2019, 04:05:11 AM
Watched parts of a race to lvl 80 yesterday. The lead dude got to act 10 Kitava in 3 hours flat.  :wacko:

As someone who has enjoyed esports since Counterstrike, I found it fun. But with such duration the commentators themselves are going to be ridiculously important to keep the events from going stale (and casters are IMHO already the biggest factor in any esport broadcast).

GGG would also need to balance the skills so we see a lot more build variety.

Casters were nerfed

frunk

Just did my first deathless Elder kill.  Not a great build, but strong armor, fast moving and good blocking got it done.