News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2018, 11:49:42 AM
As in finish the objectives (killing boss on rare map @ tier 1, for example), and collect all maps for the next tier. Then do the same for the next tier, etc.

I understand it's slow, but makes it more likely you don't end up with "gaps". I don't know how many times I've run Alleyways without the adjacent Port map dropping (the chance for other maps to drop is too high).

Don't ask me about the exact math, but that's how I understood it from guide videos. :P

It's probably true, but I haven't had too much trouble this league filling in until Tier 9.  It took me a long time to get a Moon Temple, and I'm still missing one Tier 10.

Don't forget to you can trade in 3:1 for a higher tier map.

If you've gotten Zana up to Level 4 there's also the "Alternate of the Same Tier" map craft to try and fill in as well.

Oh, and if you are running Zana missions you could pick Harbinger missions to try and get the orbs that let you modify or raise a map's tier.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on November 15, 2018, 07:47:36 PM
Beat him on the third attempt. I was lucky enough to grab a shrine that gave me a health boost for all the dungeon, which gave me enough buffer to survive his bursts. My personal army (up to 8 zombies, 8 skellies and 2 spectres  :lol:) did the rest.

As for my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Celedhring2/characters

I'm aware she's all over the place, but I'm taking this as a bit of a tutorial run. Objective for next levels is shore up survivality and unlock some jewel sockets, before running for the last minion cluster.

Some feedback for your next minion build - Don't go right from the starting point until very late into the build, if ever.  That extra minion life is not necessary and the +2 Zombies is not as good as other options.

What I recommend is that after Lord of the Dead, head up and over to pick up the life node below spectres (do not go through Arcanists), then head over to Spiritual Comman (which you have) Spiritual Aid (which you need to focus on getting) asap - having the damage and attack speed modifiers from your gear affecting your minions is a game changer.  After that go get the extra Spectre and only then go down to the remaining minion nodes.  But that should probably wait until you pick up more life nodes.  Staying alive is the main challenge with this build.  Getting a few more percentage minion damage or life isnt really going to matter as you progress.  They will already have plenty of life and will be doing plenty of damage with your support gems and your necro specialty skills.

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 16, 2018, 03:48:21 PM
Some feedback for your next minion build - Don't go right from the starting point until very late into the build, if ever.  That extra minion life is not necessary and the +2 Zombies is not as good as other options.

What I recommend is that after Lord of the Dead, head up and over to pick up the life node below spectres (do not go through Arcanists), then head over to Spiritual Comman (which you have) Spiritual Aid (which you need to focus on getting) asap - having the damage and attack speed modifiers from your gear affecting your minions is a game changer.  After that go get the extra Spectre and only then go down to the remaining minion nodes.  But that should probably wait until you pick up more life nodes.  Staying alive is the main challenge with this build.  Getting a few more percentage minion damage or life isnt really going to matter as you progress.  They will already have plenty of life and will be doing plenty of damage with your support gems and your necro specialty skills.

You have Spiritual Command and Spiritual Aid backwards.  They make modifiers to Minion's Attack Speed and Damage affect you.

crazy canuck

Right sorry, it is the other way around, that is what makes the siphon attack so much better with holy relic.

Otherwise you would just stick with an SRS build.

Syt

Quote from: frunk on November 16, 2018, 01:53:53 PMIf your target is 6 link ( and you don't care if you 5L) you can click as fast as you like.  It'll stop using Fusings if the piece is max linked.

Good to know. :)

I'm using a yellow 5L for the moment, so 5L on the unique is not quite critical, and I keep pushing for 6L.

Also, Vorici's missions are the worst (for the fusing orb discount per day).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2018, 05:41:26 PM
Good to know. :)

I'm using a yellow 5L for the moment, so 5L on the unique is not quite critical, and I keep pushing for 6L.

Also, Vorici's missions are the worst (for the fusing orb discount per day).

Yeah, Vorici's missions suck.  Good thing they are going away in 21 days.  If you don't care about leveling him up you can just fail the mission and you'll still get the fusing orb discount.

celedhring

Just had this drop on me...

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wraithlord

I spent my (admittedly meagre) jeweller/fusing orb reserve trying to fruitlessly get 4 linked blues on it. I only managed 3 linked...

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Having a blast with this. Going to finish the main storyline with the summoner, fool around with some other classes, and definitely start a character in a Betrayal league once the expansion drops.

frunk

So I'm close to done for this league, but before  I finish there's still some personal records I want to set.  I want to get all 6 of my characters to at least 80 (two left, Consecrated Path and Spectral Shield Throw).  I've gotten a Breachstone so I'll be running that.  I'm going to try and get my Toxic Rain character to 91 (at 50% of level now).  I'll also be making a second attempt at the Elder.  My first attempt was in Abyss with my Frost Blades Touch of Anguish character, which got destroyed.  Oh, and I'll probably see how much deeper into the Delve I can get (at ~145 right now).

Syt

My Inpulsa is finally 6L. :)

Also found a new pair of gloves with 27/29/41 resistances while sacrificing only attack speed which I didn't use, anyways.

Current getup is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters?characterName=MourningBecomesElectra

Now back into Eternal Lab for that glove enchant. :ph34r:

I want to trade the rings eventually, but I need the DEX from the left one, and the damage buffs are also excellent, so I just wait what comes to me, with the occasional crafting attempt.

Getting close to 120 hours on this character.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2018, 07:32:04 AM
My Inpulsa is finally 6L. :)

Also found a new pair of gloves with 27/29/41 resistances while sacrificing only attack speed which I didn't use, anyways.

Current getup is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters?characterName=MourningBecomesElectra

Now back into Eternal Lab for that glove enchant. :ph34r:

I want to trade the rings eventually, but I need the DEX from the left one, and the damage buffs are also excellent, so I just wait what comes to me, with the occasional crafting attempt.

Getting close to 120 hours on this character.

Congrats on the 6L.  I have a spare Dendrobate that I've been trying to 6L for a long time.  I've probably spent in the 600 Fusings range.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: frunk on November 18, 2018, 08:19:41 AM
Congrats on the 6L.  I have a spare Dendrobate that I've been trying to 6L for a long time.  I've probably spent in the 600 Fusings range.

Ran another 140 Fusings yesterday, no luck.

I just realized I've never successfully 6 linked an item.  I've had some drop and gotten a few Tabulas, but after probably > 2500 Fusings I still haven't made one.