News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Speaking of which. I've put 200 hours into the game since August, and I think I need a break. My Arc Witch is Level 87, and I have mostly the gear I want, and all that's left is mapping and delving. The law of diminishing returns has kicked in HARD at this point, and I think I'm through.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on October 22, 2018, 10:57:35 AM
Speaking of which. I've put 200 hours into the game since August, and I think I need a break. My Arc Witch is Level 87, and I have mostly the gear I want, and all that's left is mapping and delving. The law of diminishing returns has kicked in HARD at this point, and I think I'm through.

That's a good time to stop.  Looking quickly at your character I'd note that if you decide to go forward I'd definitely run the 20% quality recipe on several of your skill gems (sell a level 20 skill gem and a GemCutter's Prism to get a 20% quality level 1 skill gem).  You'll have to run easier content for a while, but going forward it can be a huge bump up in power.

frunk

I think I found a 2 connect node in the Delve that doesn't have a fractured wall.  I searched all around it but there was no path out.

frunk

PoE Private Leagues

QuoteLeague Difficulty Mods
During league creation, the following mods can be added at no additional cost:

Mods that separately increase Monster Damage, Life, Speed, Elemental Damage and Number of Projectiles: These mods often come in several tiers, and make monsters harder in various ways. You can add whichever combination of these various mods you desire to increase the challenge of monsters in the league.

Reduced Player Resistances: Having a blanket resistance penalty not only makes combat harder, but also increases the difficulty of finding a set of perfect gear that meets all your resistance needs.

No Stashes: This one's for the true masochists. Without the ability to store items for later, characters in a No Stashes league need to live off the land with constraints that make completing Path of Exile a lot more challenging. You can parent to an SSF league to disable trade, guaranteeing that your characters are fully self-sufficient.

No Magic or Rare Items Drop: In leagues of this type, you can only find normal and, at their usual drop rate, unique items, so you have to use every currency item you find to add mods to your gear. You'll find yourself actually using Orbs of Transmutation, running out of Essences and treasuring every Chaos Orb for its intended purpose. Trade values of currency items will likely be extremely different in leagues like this, due to opportunity cost.

No Vending: In a No Vending league, you can't buy items from or sell items to NPCs in town. You're still able to complete quest objectives, but can't rely on vendor recipes or NPC shops to gear up.

Famine: In Famine leagues, your life, mana, energy shield and flasks do not refill when you go to town. This can be added alongside other mods to create the ultimate live-off-the-land league.

We have plans for even more mods to add to this system, such as item durability (where item quality can become negative with use and the item is destroyed when it hits -20%).

frunk

Stash Tab sale going on now.  Currency tab that's normally $7.50 is now $6.  Looks like they are trying to capture the refugees from Diablo after the Diablo Immortal announcement.

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on October 22, 2018, 09:42:38 AM
I picked up the last two specialty stash Tabs this weekend, so now I can rank them all.

Currency - Essential for any amount of play time.  The quality of life improvement for it is huge.
Essence - Very useful for organizing Essences, which can be a pain to keep track of otherwise.
Map - Handy if you get deep into mid tier mapping or higher.  Otherwise not really worth it.
Divination - Nice to have but not needed unless you are holding on to tons of cards that you don't want to redeem.
Fragment - Fine for cleaning up all the Vaal Sacrifice fragments, but not needed.

In general I would say a Premium Stash Tab or Premium Quad Stash Tab is better and more useful for the cost than Map, Divination and Fragment unless you play a lot.  So:

Play a little: Currency, regular Stash tabs if hoarder.
Play a lot but don't really do mapping: Add in Essence, convert regular to Premium, additional Premium Stash Tabs if hoarder.
Mapping a bit (low tier maps): Add more Premium Stash Tabs for space, maybe Divination.
Mapping a lot (mid tier maps): Add Map, Divination.
Map completion (high tier maps): Add Fragment.

Bumping this as I found it very useful when looking at all the stash tab purchase options.  :)

FunkMonk

I have everything except for the div card and fragment tabs. Just haven't seen the use for them considering my play time with the game.

Premium tabs are a necessity, though, if you intend on doing any trading with other players. You can technically trade without them but it's more of a pain in the ass.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 10, 2018, 09:30:20 AM
Premium tabs are a necessity, though, if you intend on doing any trading with other players. You can technically trade without them but it's more of a pain in the ass.

Good point, I forgot to mention that.  Having never traded I tend not to think about it.

celedhring

Just fired this up for the first time in 4 years. I have: a lvl 16 Witch.

Might play more, might not.

celedhring

Ok, I might play this a bit.

I've seen people talking about buying stash tabs and such. Is there something I should really get from a QoL standpoint?

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on November 12, 2018, 06:46:20 PM
Ok, I might play this a bit.

I've seen people talking about buying stash tabs and such. Is there something I should really get from a QoL standpoint?

I'd say if you are planning to play regularly for more than a week or two it's worth throwing them money to get the Currency Stash Tab.  In game press M to pull up the micro-transaction display.

Stash Tab sales are usually every 3 weeks, but they just had an unscheduled one last weekend.

celedhring

Thanks! Might do that. I've just been playing a few hours and I have half a tab of orbs and orb fragments. Still quite haven't figured out how the currency works.

I see the passives board has grown considerably, and it's rather daunting. I want to relive my Diablo 2 Necro days with a Witch focusing on keeping as many minions up as (in)humanly possible  :lol: - how viable is that?

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2018, 04:28:17 AM
Thanks! Might do that. I've just been playing a few hours and I have half a tab of orbs and orb fragments. Still quite haven't figured out how the currency works.

I see the passives board has grown considerably, and it's rather daunting. I want to relive my Diablo 2 Necro days with a Witch focusing on keeping as many minions up as (in)humanly possible  :lol: - how viable is that?

Minions are pretty viable from what I've seen for witch and templar. There should be quite a few build guides for that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2018, 04:28:17 AM

There are many types of damage that you can deal, and the passive skill tree can help them.  If you are going for a pure minion build any damage modifiers other than Minion Damage modifiers won't help.  Spell Cast speed can be very useful though if you plan to use Summon Skeleton, Summon Raging Spirit or some other more exotic builds.
If you rely on Zombies or Spectres it's probably a good idea to pick up Unearth or Desecrate to have a supply of corpses.

celedhring

For now I rely on zombies (can summon 6 of them) and just supplement with skellies when facing tough stacks. I'm going for the minion-focused passive "clusters" and pretty much eschewing any personal boosts besides the ones you pick along the way (mostly +10 to INT and such). Works so far, but I'm only on act 2. My idea is to make a character that never attacks herself, only summoning and eventually casting support spells for my crew.

I also got a Phantasm support gem so now my minions also summon minions.  :lol:

When the game first came out it drew my attention but for whatever reason I never stuck with it. The gem mechanics are fun and it looks like they added lots of stuff.