News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

They can be tricky, and I didn't find any at first.

Often you'll have to venture a fair bit into dark side areas to unlock loot rooms (bring flares and get your dark resistance up!). There'll be a little minimap icon if you come close:

They will also highlight when you mouse over them. If you get to a side where you see the front, they look kinda like this:

If you try and get to unconnected rooms, this video has you covered: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7CYiro4CQY

I hope that helps!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Supposedly there's a Rule of Two for nodes.  All nodes should be connected to 1,3 or 4 others.  If you have a node connected to 2 other nodes it must have a fractured wall nearby.

Syt

Quote from: frunk on September 12, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
Supposedly there's a Rule of Two for nodes.  All nodes should be connected to 1,3 or 4 others.  If you have a node connected to 2 other nodes it must have a fractured wall nearby.

That's what the video says, too. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2018, 01:50:05 AM
Speaking of Quill Rain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSt3P8Ad2c

That's a similar but completely different to my build.  Quill Rain and Toxic Rain, but Trickster instead of Assassin, accent on the DOT from Toxic Rain rather than stacking poison, and way better geared than me.  My gear other than the Quill Rain (which is 5 linked now) ranges from ok to lousy.

My computer died on Wednesday (I've been long overdue for a new one), so I'm waiting for the new bits to be delivered.

crazy canuck

Over our very wet weekend I created my own build - a siphon Vaal gem dropped when my smiter Templar was about lvl 17 and so I decided to carry the same concepts to a witch siphon build.  I can clear very quickly using my own siphon ability and my minions  (Zombies and  Spectres along with lightening Golem) make short work of anything left standing.  My minions are pretty much indestructible because siphon is an "attack" and so constantly procs the healing and move speed buff.  Plus I can attack from range as it is also a projectile attack.

One twist on the build is i have kept the phantom gem for all three of siphon, zombies and Spectres.  Because of the new life regen buff on my own attacks I don't use the added life gem.  By keeping each of these three on separate equipment I get three different sets of phantoms.  When everything is rolling I have between 14 and 21 phantoms up doing their own damage and taking hits.  When those are up I run through content stopping only long enough to just proc the siphon buff to keep it up.

The build really takes off once you work over to the Templar skill that gives you all the plus to minion damage for your own attacks as well as theirs.

Its good fun, Delving is a breeze because of all the phantoms and this will probably be the first build I will take fairly far into mapping.   

frunk

I've never gone far with Minion builds, but this sounds really cool.

frunk

Berkut

Note to self:

When a cool unique drops, pay attention to the special things it does, before you throw it on and think you are all set.

My arc witch with this:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malachai%27s_Simula

Seemed to be dieing a rather lot all of a sudden. Took me a little while to figure out why....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Great item, if you have a lot of life and life regen - not so good for a witch  :D

FunkMonk

I got bored with my Guardian so I decided to finally try Blade Vortex Elementalist. I'm still leveling but man it is smooth, even without triple heralds yet. I think I killed Malachai in less than 60 seconds. :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Back up with my new computer.  Damn it feels so much smoother now.

frunk

Poet's Pen with Arc is ridiculous.  I finished the Labyrinth at level 25. 

Syt

Rather "meh" about Static Strike at this point. I have it on 17.5k DPS with Herald of Thunder/Wrath/Lightning Golem. However, its single target strike and short AoE effect for which you have to keep moving to max its effect (55% less dmg in AOE when standing still, 33% less when moving), not to mention you want 3 stacks of it if possible, makes its use rather awkward unless you use ancestral call or multistrike. Smite (10.8k) seems more efficient because of its more reliable/easier use, but without minions to buff this feels like my sunder juggernaut, only squishier.  <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

I crank through my Poet's Pen build to level 78 in record time (for me).  Only my second character in this league, which is another record for one I've played this much.  I want to delve down to 100 (~93 right now), but my alt-itis is starting to kick in.

I'm thinking either Clayshaper/Elementalist/Minion build, or leverage a 6 link corrupted Two Handed Mace w/+1 Melee Gem that dropped.