News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Ah. Missed that. :D Guess Leap Slam it is again (same as my Jugg).

On the plus side, I killed the Brine King on first try this time. Though I was already Level 59. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

If you can't fix the gem color I'd probably run Phys to Lightning, Elemental Damage and Melee Phys Damage (or Multistrike) with Smite on the Gloves.  On the Axe I'd run Charged Dash/Fortify/Melee Phys Damage.  You have too much nice Elemental Damage to go with Leap Slam.

FunkMonk

Here's my current guy: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/funkmonk2000/characters?characterName=Queenie_boy

59 and just starting Act 8.

Pretty smooth so far besides not having found decent movement speed boots yet. The 5-link Consecrated Path is still going strong. Tootip dps is something like 10,000 now although Path of Building shows quite a bit more. I just crafted the current main hand sword after finally dropping a level 30 foil that had been carrying me from Acts 4-7 :lol: The power of damage conversion and more multipliers is palpable.  :D

I also lucked upon the prophecy that gives you a Belly of the Beast. I sealed it for later on so its ilevel will be high enough for it to roll 6 sockets.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Here's mine.  I've just started mapping.  I like the changes to Zana, picking a map is nice.

I lucked into a 5 link/6 socket bow at iLevel 50, and it is starting to age.  I've shifted around to rely more on my Agony Crawler.

Running poison means my tooltip dps is 1300, but the stacking racks up fast on any target.

crazy canuck

Started a minion based smiter - will go Guardian when I get there.

It feels really over powered even with terrible equipment. 

The changes they made to the passive skills for minions are great and make this sort of build even more effective.

frunk

Well, I upgraded my bow.  A Quill Rain just dropped.  I knew it would be an upgrade but it is ridiculous how fast things melt right now, and I'm only 4 linked.  Can't wait to see it when I get it to 5 or (miracle of miracles) 6 linked.

FunkMonk

Very nice! As often as I've had Quill Rain drop for me in the past I never actually used it  :D

I've only ever really ran one bow character though, a couple leagues ago, an Ice Shot Deadeye (when Deadeye became a good ascendancy) with a Lioneye's Glare that absolutely shredded. Still one of my favorite builds that I made on my own.  :cool:

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 11, 2018, 09:11:47 PM
Very nice! As often as I've had Quill Rain drop for me in the past I never actually used it  :D

It's a very common unique.  I think any league where I get to maps drops at least one.

Quill Rain isn't ideal for all builds, but poison is definitely one of them.  Particularly when paired with Noxious Strike.  As long as I keep applying poison fast enough (which Quill Rain is ideal for) poison effectively doesn't expire.

Berkut

Quote from: frunk on September 10, 2018, 11:31:38 PM
Well, I upgraded my bow.  A Quill Rain just dropped.  I knew it would be an upgrade but it is ridiculous how fast things melt right now, and I'm only 4 linked.  Can't wait to see it when I get it to 5 or (miracle of miracles) 6 linked.

How can you increase the number of links on an item? And would you really want a level 5 item later on anyway?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Jeweller's orbs for number of sockets (though item level and type limits max number), chromatic orbs for rerolling the colors and orbs of fusing for links (all are die rolls, with decreasing likelihood the more links/sockets you want to have) or with Vorici's crafting bench in your hideout (number of options depends on your level with him).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

In my normal, way too many alts manner:

1. Bherkut - Summoner/Smite Templar. Seems OP.
2. Melahnie - Caustic Arrow Ranger, trying out the new CA stuff.
3. Tostie - Arc Witch, just because it was so damn fun before.

Arc just seems broken it is so easy.

0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on September 12, 2018, 09:31:31 AM
How can you increase the number of links on an item? And would you really want a level 5 item later on anyway?

Jeweller's Orb changes the number of sockets, Orb of Fusing changes the number of links.

I'm using Quill Rain in mapping right now, at level 79.  With this build it's significantly more effective than the level 50 bow I was using previously or the level 60-70 bows I tried out.  The key is that Quill Rain has the fastest base attack speed (3 attacks per second) of any weapon in the game.  My damage isn't based so much on the limited amount on the bow, but rather the added flat damage, the poison and interactions between the attack speed, poison duration and Herald of Agony.

in Path of Exile the level of an item isn't a great indicator of its potential power in the endgame.  It tells you when it can start being used, but there are many other factors for when it would be better to be replaced.  In my case I'm not sure there is a bow that would replace Quill Rain.  Maybe a mirror tier Rare bow with perfect affixes, but I'm never seeing that.

edit: Maybe Lioneye's Glare as it has a decent attack speed and shots can't be evaded, or Darkscorn for the extra physical damage conversion.  I'd have to see.

FunkMonk

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 12, 2018, 01:39:09 PM
I hope they put Delve into the core game.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it for the most part.  Finding Fractured Walls is a bit annoying and I don't like the choppiness of Delve/Campaign (which smooths out when you get to maps), but otherwise it's a good addition.  Nice variety of monsters, worthwhile loot, interesting decisions on where to explore.

Berkut

Yeah, I have never ever seen a fractured wall. I don't think they actually exist.

0 rows returned