News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 01, 2018, 03:10:32 AM
I'm unable to play the new league because I'm still out of town, but has anyone else picked up the brand new league yet? Any impressions, espcially for SSF play?

I'm also out of town, so I won't get to play until Tuesday at the earliest.  I'm planning on doing some sort of chaos/poison build, as the new Chaos herald looks pretty cool.

Berkut

Im trying out the Casutic Arrow thing with a Ranger.

The Delve stuff is damn cool, not that I've gotten anywhere really with it yet.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

I was cleaning up old characters getting ready to start the new league and I decided to create a Languish Guild.  Guild tag is LanGSh. 

I pretty much exclusively play SSF but it would still be fun to chat in game.

frunk

It looks like I need character (not player) names to extend guild invites.  Post here, PM me or friend request DelveShadBow (make enough characters and names are descriptors).

frunk

Toxic Rain/Lesser Poison/Mirage Archer/Vile Toxin plus Herald of Agony is pretty fun.  Combined with Asssassin Noxious Strike I'm up to 100% poison chance.  Have to do some running around as the Toxic Rain explosions are a little slow, but clear speed and single target are both great.

FunkMonk

Hey frunk, my SSF character's name is Queenie_boy.

Running a guardian build for now. Started with Smite as my main skill and switched to Consecrated Path when it was available. My weapons are pretty garbage but I'm still rocking something like 6,000-7,000 tooltip DPS at level 40. I got lucky and picked up a 5-link from a vendor. I'm wrecking everything in one-shot  :lol:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Invite sent.

So far I'm not entirely sold on delving.  I like the way it works and the ideas behind it, but a couple of things bug me.

I don't like the limit on Sulphite storage.  I feel like I have to interrupt what I'm doing and go delve each time it maxes, otherwise I'm falling further behind on my azurite production.  I'd prefer it to either be a much larger cap or uncapped.  Yes I've upgraded my storage but it isn't enough.

I'm in the mid 60s and so far my delving focuses on hitting azurite nodes.   Even then I'm not collecting enough azurite to make significant progress on the upgrades let alone buy the targeted chaos currency.  I'm probably missing some other source, but it isn't particularly obvious what it would be.  Regardless I can't see going after the other item nodes in a serious way.

Syt

Agreed on the Sulphite/Azurite grind. I'm level 50-something, and only in Act 6, but I've seen some good stuff drop in delves, especially if you go back a freshly traced route to see if there's any loot in the side chambers. I've noticed fossil crafting is quite powerful, with modifiers exceeding those you could get from normal crafting.

But yeah, I intend to get more into it once I get to mapping and level ca. 70 when the leveling curve has flattened a bit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

P.S.: This is my SSF delve league build so far. Feel free to tell me how horrible it is. ;) :P

Using Static Strike, plus Conductivity and Smite for the damage buffs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters?characterName=Sytbert
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2018, 02:00:38 AM
P.S.: This is my SSF delve league build so far. Feel free to tell me how horrible it is. ;) :P

Using Static Strike, plus Conductivity and Smite for the damage buffs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syt1976/characters?characterName=Sytbert

I get the following message when I try to check it out:

QuoteThis profile tab has been set to private, or you lack the permissions to view it.

Syt

Updated my settings, should work now.  :blush: I've switched my skills around a bit, because it feels Smite is more effective at clearing.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I should probably put Culling Support on Static Strike, since I don't use Lightning Strike.  :hmm: (I can't get the colors on the unique off hand weapon to switch to something useful :P )
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2018, 10:39:40 AM
Updated my settings, should work now.  :blush: I've switched my skills around a bit, because it feels Smite is more effective at clearing.

My thoughts on looking at it:

You've put points in your passive tree into Staves/Maces but are wielding an axe and sword.  I'd shift those to the one-handed path to the left of Born to Fight.  That way you don't have to worry about what type of weapon you are using.

You are using Ewar's Mirage which is an awesome weapon for attacks that use projectiles, but are using Smite.  I'd switch to Molten Strike, Frost Blades or Lightning Strike, all three of which should work with the phys/elemental path you are on.  Frost Blades or Lightning Strike could both be quite effective if you switch Ewar's to your main hand.  Chain is very powerful.

Consider adding Melee Physical Damage Support to your main attack.  It's a more multiplier for your physical attack instead of the additive/flat of Fortify and Increased Lightning.  That multiplier happens on the unconverted Physical, so you get full benefit before it becomes elemental damage.

I usually put Fortify on my movement attack skill (Charged Dash/Leap Slam/Whirling Blades).  It doesn't add that much damage to an attack, and when the Fortify buff runs out I do the movement attack again to refresh it.  Better for your main attack to focus on damage rather than defense.

Syt

Thanks for the feedback. My skills are indeed quite messed up at the moment. I've not been lucky with links/socket colors, and I can't craft 4-links yet. The off hand stick is mostly for the elemental damage. I tried to recolor the sockets but no luck. I tried using it in main hand but saw a significant damage drop. I keep shuffling things around, and smite does a decent 6.5k damage (static did 7.7, but it became awkward against stronger mob groups).

Good call on the mace passives. I was using maces exclusively until I recently picked up the axe in a delve.

I'd have fortify on lightning warp, but I don't have a free 2R-1B link (I don't want to give up the shorter duration). :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on September 09, 2018, 02:20:32 PM
I'd have fortify on lightning warp, but I don't have a free 2R-1B link (I don't want to give up the shorter duration). :(

Lightning Warp won't work with Fortify, as it is a spell not an attack.