News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

does elemental damage reflection cause a problem?

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 08, 2018, 12:00:27 PM
does elemental damage reflection cause a problem?

At level 45, no.  Damage reflection isn't as nasty as it used to be, in general, but having mitigation for it isn't a bad idea.  There's some available on the passive tree and on items.  I don't think damage reflection really shows up until act 6 or 7.

I did a Whispering Ice build back a few years ago, and once it got to end game it was unplayable due to reflection.  Back then there were rares that caused every nearby mob to gain elemental or physical damage reflection.  Elemental reflect would insta-kill me (cast ice storm, 1/10 of sec later dead). 

Now there's maps that can have reflection and the rare monster just reflects damage to themselves, but nothing as brutal as it used to be.  Plus I'm an Elementalist and immune to reflect.

FunkMonk

What frunk said.

I'm not intending to get far into mapping in the temporary league anyway. Just taking things slow, having fun, and testing a build for the next challenge league in September.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

62 now. The temple has been kind to me: Some random mob dropped the Sin's Rebirth unique flask for me in a random temple room. In trade league it's going for almost 2 ex  :cool:

SSF is best game mode.

Oh, and new league starts Aug 31. Looks kind of like a roguelike mode. Also new currencies, new items, new skills and skill reworks. Sounds neat.

https://www.pathofexile.com/delve

QuoteThe Azurite Mine is Path of Exile's first infinite dungeon. The deeper you delve, the harder the game gets. In Delve, you'll find encounters that are much harder than end-game Maps. Your progress is only limited by the power of your character build. The Depth Ladder tracks who has delved the deepest into the mine.

Alcibiades

Great information Funk.  :cheers:

Did they ever fix necromancers?  Was my favorite gameplay several years back.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Yes, there are a number of ways to play one now.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 10, 2018, 07:58:26 PM
Great information Funk.  :cheers:

Did they ever fix necromancers?  Was my favorite gameplay several years back.

I've never played necromancer but from what I've seen, summoners are really good now, and have been for a while.

Syt

Made it to Act 6. There's a bit of a difficulty spike. :D

I don't seem to find any useful gear from drops. I can start crafting armor, though, in my hideout.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Level 68. Tabula Rasa dropped for me in the temple so now I'm rocking a 6-link in Act 9 :lol: I'm way overleveled though.

I'm detonating everything, including bosses  :lol:

This flashback league has been very kind to me. I am using up all my luck before the new league starts  :(

Syt

Level 59. Had to go for the +30 INT/DEX nodes so I could swap out some gear without de-leveling some skill gems. Still eagerly waiting for 5 slot armor. I'm doing ok against bosses with a few deaths (just killed Maligaro in Act 7), now that I upped my elemental resistances. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

After 70 hours, and at level 70 (71? 72?) I'm in the final stretch for the campaign.

My juggernaut has 15k armor (some viewers say it might be overkill? :unsure:) with 69-70% damage reducttion, 2.3k life, 75% resistances (+ to spare). Using mostly Sunder with Multistrike, Life Leech, and Added Melee Damage. With Ancestral Warchief (Faster Attacks, Added Melee splash + Fire), Hatred, and Herald of Ash I can do 9k DPS. Using Leap Slam with Fortify for mobility/added protection, and Warlord's Mark for extra life/mana leech. I've added movement speed, and endurance buffs from the Juggernaut Ascension so far (plus attack speed from the passives tree). I can clear most mob groups and rares fast (Leap Slam, Warlord's Mark, Warchief, Sunder).

There were a few bosses I could just face tank, and if I evade telegraphed major attacks I can weather most battles.

I was ready to drop the game once Kitava is beaten, but this morning I looked at an overview for atlas/mapping and thought, "Ooooh, this looks fun." :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

The only comments I'd have are that 2.3k life is low, if you do decide to do mapping you'll probably need more resist (as you lose another 30% on beating Kitava) and more dps is always good.

The armor might be overkill now, but it won't be if you go deep into maps.

FunkMonk

I'm unable to play the new league because I'm still out of town, but has anyone else picked up the brand new league yet? Any impressions, espcially for SSF play?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould