I'm going to need a crapload of Jeweller's Orbs to at least 5-L this. :cry:

Welcome to the addiction that is PoE  :D

FunkMonk

When I go SSF I just pray I drop a 5-link that has my preferred colors  :D

Which happened to me a couple days ago  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on June 09, 2018, 08:16:21 AM
After reading you guys I created a SRS necro (SSF so far).

It started relatively slow, but since I got my ascendancy I feel like I'm destroying everything without even trying. The zombies by themselves can take care of all the trash.

Already have all the minion nodes, but only shitty 4-link gear. I got a nice legendary 2 H hammer with several minion buffs, including +1 lvl to gems for minion and melee skills. Just a couple gem slots though. I'm going to need a crapload of Jeweller's Orbs to at least 5-L this. :cry:

Make sure the item level is at least 50 if you want 6 sockets.  It used to be that uniques could always be max socketed, but that's not true anymore.

I generally don't bother trying to 5-L a 5 socket item as the odds are lower than 5-L a 6 socket.  Better to 6 socket first.

Iormlund

I've been waiting for a Vaal Summon Skellies for a while. So when I levelled a Jeweller in Atzoalt to 3 I took a gem along to corrupt it. Sure enough, an actual 17% Vaal Summon Skellies drops 3 feet from the Lapidary Lens thingy.  :lol:

The build is working very well so far. Everything drops in seconds -- including Act bosses. I'm a bit of a glass cannon, however. But with all minion nodes accounted for I'm getting beefier with each level-up.

crazy canuck

Started leveling an Arc witch to see how the improvements work out - with only a three link, and with orb of storms and herald of thunder, bosses and trash drop quickly.  Its a big improvement over having to kite a bosses for ever.  I think I am going to forego some of the damage nodes for more defensive nodes otherwise this build would become the ultimate glass cannon.

frunk

I'm revisiting Cyclone and it's way better in behavior than it used to be.  Damn fun.  Vaal Cyclone is so silly and I normally hate skills that root you to one spot, but it's just hilarious to see all the mobs get sucked toward you.

frunk

Thank You Zana.

I'm SSF, so the six link armor is a godsend for my Power Siphon Deadeye (especially since I haven't ground out a Tabula).  The Bringer of Rain is perfect for my Cyclone Trickster.  Kondo's Pride is giving me ideas for another build.

Probably the best Zana mission I've ever had.

frunk

I really like Incursions, but there are a couple things that could be improved.  Several of the rooms only increase the difficulty and not the reward unless you get it to level 3.  Those are rarely worth going for except if you start with it.  It would be better if they gave some reward for level 1 or 2, even if it was small.  Alternatively slightly more control over the incursion room would also help.

Second, more variety in the monsters.  After running a few incursions it gets a bit boring seeing the same monsters every time.  Beyond the 4 or so monster types have one slot that was random.

FunkMonk

I'm hoping they roll incursions into the standard game, even if just in a limited fashion, and improve upon it along the lines you're speaking of.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 16, 2018, 12:46:09 AM
I'm hoping they roll incursions into the standard game, even if just in a limited fashion, and improve upon it along the lines you're speaking of.

I'd be shocked if they didn't.  It's a great addition.

I'm sure they'll nerf the Vaal side areas though.  They are loot pinatas right now.

FunkMonk

But they're so good now  :(

I used to just skip them because they were honestly pretty boring.

Berkut

How do you open the doors in the incursions? I never seem to have time to get to them once the key drops.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on June 18, 2018, 01:03:22 AM
How do you open the doors in the incursions? I never seem to have time to get to them once the key drops.

Kill things faster.  Make a beeline for large groups.
If the door is more important than the room stay away from the Architect if it'll slow you down (they'll be marked on the map).
Increase move speed.

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on June 18, 2018, 05:34:09 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 18, 2018, 01:03:22 AM

Kill things faster.  Make a beeline for large groups.
If the door is more important than the room stay away from the Architect if it'll slow you down (they'll be marked on the map).
Increase move speed.

Yep, and sometimes you are just going to have bad luck and not be able to open a door.  But if you have a good clear speed and you can physically move quickly you will greatly increase your chances.

Berkut

SHould I just avoid doing them at lower levels?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned