News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I've barely played this game over the last 2 leagues so this will be my first major play in like 6 months. After this league I'll probably wait another league or two before getting serious play time again.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 19, 2020, 01:22:21 PM
I've barely played this game over the last 2 leagues so this will be my first major play in like 6 months. After this league I'll probably wait another league or two before getting serious play time again.

I played quite a bit of Delirium, so I'm happy for this to be an off league for me.

Iormlund

Like Funk, I barely played this year. League looks craft focused, which is interesting for me (I hate trading).

Starting with a Herald of Purity build theorycrafted at 10 million DPS (17 million before the patch "wrecked" it). I prepared a Cremation Chieftain and a Lightning knockback Spellslinger as well (I tend to spend more time on PoB than the game).

frunk

I've decided I'll do SSF Hardcore characters and play until I die.  I figure Templar will let me experience the changes best.

frunk

So far I like the Garden stuff.  It gives a lot of good crafting options that can smooth out early build issues.  Figuring out how to manage/maintain upper level seeds is taking me a while though.

FunkMonk

Yeah, the leveling process this league has been super smooth, especially for melee. It's great.

FunkMonk

While leveling I used a seed craft to roll a 430 phys dps (with like +60 added fire affix) 2-handed axe at level 50 or something like that. I switched to tec slam and I'm clearing screens worth of enemies and one-shotting rares. Crafting decent weapons is a lot easier this league so that buffs melee builds.

It's nice that they buffed 2-handers because destroying 2 screens worth of mobs in a single slam feels really good.

Syt

I started a few builds, but I'm still burned out on the game, it seems, as I couldn't get even one past Act 6 without losing interest completely. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

I played a bit, enjoyed the changes, decided there were other things I wanted to play right now.  The Steam summer sale played a big factor there.  I may come back before the end of the league, but I'm not in a rush.

FunkMonk

Yeah this is a pretty chill league. I'm still interested though, and my tec slammer is keeping me playing. It's very active with all the war cries, dashing, and slamming. It's only at lvl 84 now. I'll probably play it to 90 and start a spellslinger just to change up the playstyle.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Looks interesting, but I'm still not feeling the urge to dive back in.  I'm having too much fun with Kerbal Space Program at the moment.

Syt

I usually play a bit of it (or War Thunder, where I get yelled at in broken English for sucking :D )while catching up on YouTube videos.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Iormlund

I tend to spend more time in Path of Building than in the league thereafter.  :blush:

Planning to finally try chaos spells this league.

frunk

I'm enjoying it so far.  HexBlast is interesting if a little slow.  Ideally you want to hand curse targets and then hit them with HexBlast a while later, which does work well.  Mechanically it takes while to get used to.

The Heist bit is fine, nothing that exciting.  I don't see much of interest in the stealth part.  Just try to avoid opening or attacking things until you get to the target.

Having only one portal is really annoying if you missclick after going through it and pop out again, losing the Contract and the Rogue's Markers you'd spent without doing anything.