News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

The rework to mastercrafting is long overdue.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 14, 2018, 11:49:35 AM

Once you get a good sense of how it will work, it would be great if you could post some tips  :)

FunkMonk

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 14, 2018, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 14, 2018, 11:49:35 AM

Once you get a good sense of how it will work, it would be great if you could post some tips  :)

I probably won't be able to play the new league until January as I'll be out of town much of December and busy with other things, actually.   :(

celedhring

God, I hate the Emperor. He bursts me down like there's no tomorrow. I guess I'll need to improve my survivality. My minions are nearly unkillable. Me? Not so much.  :P

frunk

Assuming you mean Izaro:

First off he telegraphs his attacks, so investing in movement speed and/or a movement skill can make it easier to dodge.
Second his damage is primarily physical attacks, so both evasion and armor can help.  You're a Witch, so that may not be that easy.  You might be better off just stacking life and Energy Shield.
Third, for a first time character it might be best to wait until later for doing Izaro.  It is one of the tougher early fights, so waiting until the 40s or 50s might be best.
Fourth, you can show us your character for more advice by providing your username.  For instance you can see mine here.  There's also a privacy setting that will have to be set.

celedhring

Beat him on the third attempt. I was lucky enough to grab a shrine that gave me a health boost for all the dungeon, which gave me enough buffer to survive his bursts. My personal army (up to 8 zombies, 8 skellies and 2 spectres  :lol:) did the rest.

As for my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Celedhring2/characters

I'm aware she's all over the place, but I'm taking this as a bit of a tutorial run. Objective for next levels is shore up survivality and unlock some jewel sockets, before running for the last minion cluster.

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on November 15, 2018, 07:47:36 PM
Beat him on the third attempt. I was lucky enough to grab a shrine that gave me a health boost for all the dungeon, which gave me enough buffer to survive his bursts. My personal army (up to 8 zombies, 8 skellies and 2 spectres  :lol:) did the rest.

As for my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Celedhring2/characters

I'm aware she's all over the place, but I'm taking this as a bit of a tutorial run. Objective for next levels is shore up survivality and unlock some jewel sockets, before running for the last minion cluster.

It's not that bad.  For the level the chest piece is ok, I might try to 4 link it if you have the spare Fusings.  Also I'd move the Minion Speed gem onto your Wand (or somewhere else to support a minion skill).

celedhring

There's supposed to be a +minion damage gem on that spare socket in the wand, in order to support both skellies and spectres. I was switching around stuff after the Izaro fight, so might have left it empty by mistake.

The +minion speed I have on an "useless" socket to level it up, until I can find an item with 4 linked blues. I was tempted to reroll the links on the chestpiece, but thought it was not a good idea to waste orbs on levelling gear.

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on November 15, 2018, 08:10:23 PM
There's supposed to be a +minion damage gem on that spare socket in the wand, in order to support both skellies and spectres. I was switching around stuff after the Izaro fight, so might have left it empty by mistake.

The +minion speed I have on an "useless" socket to level it up, until I can find an item with 4 linked blues. I was tempted to reroll the links on the chestpiece, but thought it was not a good idea to waste orbs on levelling gear.

For a first character in a league (or ever) I wouldn't worry about wasting orbs too much.  I prefer to spend a bit in order to get things going.  4 linking shouldn't take too many, 8-10 is likely.

Spending a lot is trying to 5 or 6 socket/link an item, which can take hundreds or thousands.  That's definitely not worth it for leveling gear.

FunkMonk

One time I 5-linked an item on my third fusing. :lol:

Syt

I'm slowly plinking away at getting my Inpulsa to 6L.

*click*
No.
*click*
No.
*click*
No.

Repeat 1200 times. :P

(I used the crafting table to 5L my current armor, but I take my gamble at needing <1200 times to get Inpulsa 6L)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Also struggling to get some Level 3/4 maps. Should have made sure I finish one tier of maps and have the next tier in stash before moving on. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2018, 11:39:41 AM
Also struggling to get some Level 3/4 maps. Should have made sure I finish one tier of maps and have the next tier in stash before moving on. :P

How do you "finish" a tier of maps?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on November 16, 2018, 11:46:11 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2018, 11:39:41 AM

How do you "finish" a tier of maps?

As in finish the objectives (killing boss on rare map @ tier 1, for example), and collect all maps for the next tier. Then do the same for the next tier, etc.

I understand it's slow, but makes it more likely you don't end up with "gaps". I don't know how many times I've run Alleyways without the adjacent Port map dropping (the chance for other maps to drop is too high).

Don't ask me about the exact math, but that's how I understood it from guide videos. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2018, 11:38:06 AM
I'm slowly plinking away at getting my Inpulsa to 6L.

*click*
No.
*click*
No.
*click*
No.

Repeat 1200 times. :P

(I used the crafting table to 5L my current armor, but I take my gamble at needing <1200 times to get Inpulsa 6L)

If your target is 6 link ( and you don't care if you 5L) you can click as fast as you like.  It'll stop using Fusings if the piece is max linked.