News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Path of Exile - upcoming F2P Daiablo clone

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on June 18, 2018, 09:56:37 AM
SHould I just avoid doing them at lower levels?

No, you want to run them as often as possible to open the temple.  Each time you do a temple run - even if you have opened few doors - you get a lot of loot that will help you level.

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on June 18, 2018, 09:56:37 AM
SHould I just avoid doing them at lower levels?

They can give decent rewards just for running them, even if you don't open a door or kill an Architect.  It's also good practice for later on.  It will slow your progression somewhat since you'll tend to over level the content more (unless you race through other sections).

The difficulty on them spikes up a bit when you get to endgame.

crazy canuck

Made the mistake of reading some general chat, wow is that community messed up - lots of talk about how Trump is right to lock up kids followed up with a lot of revolting comments about what else people would like to do to them.  What a cesspool.

Thankfully there is an option to turn that off.

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2018, 11:07:39 PM
Made the mistake of reading some general chat, wow is that community messed up - lots of talk about how Trump is right to lock up kids followed up with a lot of revolting comments about what else people would like to do to them.  What a cesspool.

Thankfully there is an option to turn that off.

It's a cesspool, but I've found it useful for monitoring the trolls.  They seem to come and go in a fairly coordinated manner.  When Trump isn't doing incredibly stupid things (only mostly stupid) you'll hardly hear a peep out of them.

FunkMonk

I've never turned General chat back on in over 2 years  :lol:

Typically the only interaction I've had with people in PoE is using poe trade to buy and sell things. People are usually pretty friendly. Usually.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I've rolled two new characters. Never made it to Level 100, so giving it another bash at last. :D

Got a duelist to end of Act 3. However, my dual wield build kind of got frayed in the passives tree. Oh, Lifesteal! Oh, poison! Oh, I can't remove this item because it buffs my INT, and then I can't use half my gems anymore! Etc. :D

Re-rolled as Marauder, focusing on axes, shields, armor and melee. Using ground slam and sunder, plus anger/herald of ash, with support gems. Passives are focused on armor, resistances, damage/attack speed. Things die very fast (just got to Solaris Temple).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on July 29, 2018, 02:27:03 PM
I've rolled two new characters. Never made it to Level 100, so giving it another bash at last. :D

Got a duelist to end of Act 3. However, my dual wield build kind of got frayed in the passives tree. Oh, Lifesteal! Oh, poison! Oh, I can't remove this item because it buffs my INT, and then I can't use half my gems anymore! Etc. :D

Re-rolled as Marauder, focusing on axes, shields, armor and melee. Using ground slam and sunder, plus anger/herald of ash, with support gems. Passives are focused on armor, resistances, damage/attack speed. Things die very fast (just got to Solaris Temple).

Getting to 100 is hard.  I'd target the next 10s of your previous highest as a more achievable goal.

Syt

Well, let me rephrase: I want to make it through the campaign. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on July 29, 2018, 11:28:18 PM
Well, let me rephrase: I want to make it through the campaign. ;)

Ah, ok.  Typically you'll finish the campaign around level 65-70.

FunkMonk

Highest I've ever made was like 92 I think. In probably around 500 hours of play time   :lol:

Syt

Well, yeah, I do want to get to the endgame at least once. Currently I'm pretty hyped, but let's see how I feel when the real grind sets in. ;)
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Progression through the campaign is pretty nice, with only a couple of difficulty cliffs.

If you can stick with it and like it enough, Solo Self Found is very satisfying too.

Syt

I'm doing SSF, yes. I accidentally went non-Incursion, though, but now I don't want to re-do the first three acts again. :D Next character (if the event is still ongoing then).

One major shift in mindset was to not pick up every item and vendor it. I'm much more focused now on finding base gear I can upgrade and only picking "cost effective" (high level/rare items) to vendor off so I don't spend half my time portaling back to town to sell junk. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Quote from: Syt on July 30, 2018, 07:31:17 AM
Well, yeah, I do want to get to the endgame at least once. Currently I'm pretty hyped, but let's see how I feel when the real grind sets in. ;)

Endgame is pretty fun, and they've added a lot of variety to it.  It's worth getting through the campaign (which is enjoyable all on its own) to see it.

Berkut

I still haven't figured out how to recognize potentially useful loot.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned