News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Valmy's ADHD Dragon Age playthrough

Started by Valmy, April 10, 2015, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 27, 2021, 10:08:22 PM
great reasoning.  But EA has ample times to fuck things up, released a game so buggy none of it will matter :P

And so is Bioware ruined
With each year you spend in EA.
Marvel at RPG Greatness, for it is fleeting.
You have brought live services
And microtransactions upon all the world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on January 28, 2021, 04:49:07 AM
I admit I could never finish DA:I, I got bored 80+ hours in

It was influenced by Skyrim...and this is basically how many people played Skyrim as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2021, 02:51:23 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 28, 2021, 04:49:07 AM
I admit I could never finish DA:I, I got bored 80+ hours in

It was influenced by Skyrim...and this is basically how many people played Skyrim as well.

Yeah, I should've stuck to the main story, spent way too much time cleaning up the maps. Killing the dragons was fun, though.

Caliga

Finally beat Corypheus in Inquisition today. :lol:

Actually the fight was easy as shit... only used a single healing potion the entire time.  Dragon fights are much tougher, at least for me.

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

The dragon fights...freaking dragons had so many hit points my fingers still ache from all the clicking.

But yeah Corypheus was not all that hard in either DA2 or DAI. He was only really awesome during the fight in Haven.

Caliga

Actually yeah, the Haven fight was much, much harder than killing him was. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on February 14, 2021, 02:48:45 PM
Actually the fight was easy as shit... only used a single healing potion the entire time.  Dragon fights are much tougher, at least for me.
wait for the dragons of DA:I, especially the first one.  I think I had to replace my mouse after that :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on February 24, 2021, 10:08:00 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 14, 2021, 02:48:45 PM
wait for the dragons of DA:I, especially the first one.  I think I had to replace my mouse after that :P

Yeah man...so much clicking. Freaking clicking. I don't know why people find clicking your left mouse button as many times as possible more compelling combat than DA:O.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 15, 2021, 05:34:22 PM
Actually yeah, the Haven fight was much, much harder than killing him was. :hmm:

Most stories have a steady build up until a huge climax at the end. In DA:I you get the climax about a 1/3rd of the way through and then the rest of the story is a slow decrease until the enemy is isolated and alone and pitifully easy to beat. I guess they subverted my expectations there but I rather prefer the more traditional structure.

It is the longest denouement in the history of fiction. Even Lord of the Rings is impressed.

viper37

O ye of little Faith.

No one believed in it anymore, but I kept the Faith alive all these years!

And know what?  The best part is, Valmy's kids will be teenagers by the time it's released, so there'll be no excuse for not redacting an AAR!  :blurgh:
:D :D

DA4 set for a full reveal this summer.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

I will definitely do a first run AAR. Hopefully not just to roast it.

"Full reveal?" WTF does that mean? Ah well.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on December 05, 2023, 01:45:02 AM"Full reveal?" WTF does that mean? Ah well.
Likely a trailer, gameplay elements, and such.