News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

pc hw setup

Started by Josquius, August 14, 2011, 05:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

im setting up  my deskytop again and some issues have arose.

1. the pc led connector has a green and white wire but 3 pin  slots- the middle  seemingly being blank. my mb only allows for two pins here.

2. the mb manual speaaks of jumpers and eup standards. with japan  having  different mains power to eutope do i have to change soething here or is this about someyhing different?

on phone here so cant say much but hope someone can help.  thanks!
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

1. You mean the Case LED? Don't connect it then.
2. Japan is 100v, Europe is usually 225. There should be a switch on your power supply, change it from 225 to 115.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Ack, sorry, was writing on my phone which is a difficult affair.

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2011, 10:26:12 AM
1. You mean the Case LED? Don't connect it then.
2. Japan is 100v, Europe is usually 225. There should be a switch on your power supply, change it from 225 to 115.
1:Yeah. Case led connector has 3 pins, 2 actives either side of a null )I think). Motherboard has space just for two.
I suppose not connecting it is an option but....myeh, Thats not great.

2: I remember seeing such a switch on my old one, this one doesn:t have one but then its Japanese so it should be the low voltage by default. Is there nothing on the motherboard though? What are eup standards- my research suggests they`re something to do with energy saving but why have special jumpers for that and the name...sounds Europeany.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

1. It's not needed.

2. I've never built a computer in Europe or Japan so I wouldn't know but in my opinion all of you have to do his plug everything in their right place & you shouldn't need to mess with the jumpers.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Looks like all was OK and I didn't screw anything up. My paranoia as usual was for nothing.
Not having the power light sucks but....meh.
Ta.
██████
██████
██████