Author Topic: CFL Thread  (Read 17779 times)

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
Re: CFL Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2017, 12:04:58 pm »
Well I am surprised. He had a nice gig down in Austin but I guess he decided he just couldn't stay away. Good luck to him I guess. I have my doubts that he at his age can still be a great QB.

What was his gig in Austin?

He had a six figure job at UT. Something about outreach to disadvantaged communities or something. He also appeared in the LHN. Basically just getting paid for his work as a QB years later.
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Honorary gay award from Martinus

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2017, 12:10:43 pm »
Well I am surprised. He had a nice gig down in Austin but I guess he decided he just couldn't stay away. Good luck to him I guess. I have my doubts that he at his age can still be a great QB.

What was his gig in Austin?

He had a six figure job at UT. Something about outreach to disadvantaged communities or something. He also appeared in the LHN. Basically just getting paid for his work as a QB years later.

He's not likely to be getting much more than that in the CFL.  I think the biggest salaries only get to $300-$400k, and I doubt he would attract that kind of cash to start.

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2017, 12:34:23 pm »
Yeah I don't think money has anything to do with it. He just wants to play football.
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2017, 12:02:21 pm »
The dream is dead Valmy - Saskatchewan cuts Vince Young.

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/17/vince-young-headed-back-to-texas/

It was too bad we never got to see Young actually play - he tore his hamstring during training camp and never played a pre-season game.  But what else could the Riders do?  With so many questin marks around Young they couldn't really waste a roster spot on him once he comes back from injury, and Young is hardly going to accept sitting on the practice squad.

Admiral Yi

• Neil
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2017, 05:13:25 pm »
Any big name draft busts ever ended up in arena league?  Any ever been *cut* from arena league?
I'm up $25 on DGuller.

viper37

• Octogon Champion
I need a sig.  My kingdom for a sig!

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2017, 06:48:57 pm »
Draft bust? He was rookie of the year, a pro bowler, and won over 60% of his games. I mean he is not going to be in the Hall of Fame or anything but for godsake.

Grey Fox

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Ed Anger's tormentor
« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2017, 10:41:34 am »
Yeah, he's not a draft bust. He started 13 games is first year & 15 more the 2nd.

Also he wasn't the 1st overall.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #338 on: September 03, 2017, 10:52:05 pm »
:ultra:

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2017, 10:05:35 pm »
So I know I'm the only one on Languish who cares about the CFL, but despite not being a fan of either team it was a heck of a finish to today's Grey Cup.

http://www.tsn.ca/argos-stun-stamps-in-grey-cup-with-late-field-goal-1.926456

MadBurgerMaker

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
  • Champion of Argument
« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2017, 10:21:43 pm »
I watched it.  It was a good game.  DeVier Posey definitely showed up.

I also thought it was a Shania Twain cover band at first when the halftime show kicked off (e: I didn't see her come in on the sled until it hit the intertubes).  She....looks different. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 10:27:04 pm by MadBurgerMaker »

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2017, 11:22:12 pm »
I watched it.  It was a good game.  DeVier Posey definitely showed up.

I also thought it was a Shania Twain cover band at first when the halftime show kicked off (e: I didn't see her come in on the sled until it hit the intertubes).  She....looks different.

The only Grey Cup I was at in person was 2003 in... Edmonton.  With Shania Twain as the half time act (she also was the half time act at the Superbowl a few months later - perhaps the only act to do both games in the same year).  Yeah - 14 years will is hell on a person.

Grey Fox

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Ed Anger's tormentor
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2017, 01:15:17 pm »
She's old & has Lyme disease. That will hurt anyone.

I watched the game. I am so angry at the Wettenhall. The Argos is all former Als brass & players with a good QB.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2018, 01:57:20 pm »

Barrister

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2019, 03:50:44 pm »
So this past weekend the CFL held a draft... in Mexico.  First time ever.  Part of a joint agreement between the CFL and the LFA (Liga de Futbol Americano Profesional).  Nobody even seems to be sure if these Mexican players will count as non-imports (aka Canadians), as imports (aka Americans), or some other category.  :hmm:

https://www.tsn.ca/esks-select-wr-cotera-no-1-in-lfa-cfl-draft-1.1241199