And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 20, 2017, 11:45:54 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2017, 11:41:36 AM
Well I am surprised. He had a nice gig down in Austin but I guess he decided he just couldn't stay away. Good luck to him I guess. I have my doubts that he at his age can still be a great QB.

What was his gig in Austin?

He had a six figure job at UT. Something about outreach to disadvantaged communities or something. He also appeared in the LHN. Basically just getting paid for his work as a QB years later.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2017, 12:04:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 20, 2017, 11:45:54 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2017, 11:41:36 AM
Well I am surprised. He had a nice gig down in Austin but I guess he decided he just couldn't stay away. Good luck to him I guess. I have my doubts that he at his age can still be a great QB.

What was his gig in Austin?

He had a six figure job at UT. Something about outreach to disadvantaged communities or something. He also appeared in the LHN. Basically just getting paid for his work as a QB years later.

He's not likely to be getting much more than that in the CFL.  I think the biggest salaries only get to $300-$400k, and I doubt he would attract that kind of cash to start.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Yeah I don't think money has anything to do with it. He just wants to play football.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

The dream is dead Valmy - Saskatchewan cuts Vince Young.

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/17/vince-young-headed-back-to-texas/

It was too bad we never got to see Young actually play - he tore his hamstring during training camp and never played a pre-season game.  But what else could the Riders do?  With so many questin marks around Young they couldn't really waste a roster spot on him once he comes back from injury, and Young is hardly going to accept sitting on the practice squad.

Admiral Yi

Any big name draft busts ever ended up in arena league?  Any ever been *cut* from arena league?

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Draft bust? He was rookie of the year, a pro bowler, and won over 60% of his games. I mean he is not going to be in the Hall of Fame or anything but for godsake.

Grey Fox

Yeah, he's not a draft bust. He started 13 games is first year & 15 more the 2nd.

Also he wasn't the 1st overall.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Barrister

So I know I'm the only one on Languish who cares about the CFL, but despite not being a fan of either team it was a heck of a finish to today's Grey Cup.

http://www.tsn.ca/argos-stun-stamps-in-grey-cup-with-late-field-goal-1.926456

MadBurgerMaker

I watched it.  It was a good game.  DeVier Posey definitely showed up.

I also thought it was a Shania Twain cover band at first when the halftime show kicked off (e: I didn't see her come in on the sled until it hit the intertubes).  She....looks different. 

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 26, 2017, 11:21:43 PM
I watched it.  It was a good game.  DeVier Posey definitely showed up.

I also thought it was a Shania Twain cover band at first when the halftime show kicked off (e: I didn't see her come in on the sled until it hit the intertubes).  She....looks different.

The only Grey Cup I was at in person was 2003 in... Edmonton.  With Shania Twain as the half time act (she also was the half time act at the Superbowl a few months later - perhaps the only act to do both games in the same year).  Yeah - 14 years will is hell on a person.

Grey Fox

She's old & has Lyme disease. That will hurt anyone.

I watched the game. I am so angry at the Wettenhall. The Argos is all former Als brass & players with a good QB.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Barrister

So this past weekend the CFL held a draft... in Mexico.  First time ever.  Part of a joint agreement between the CFL and the LFA (Liga de Futbol Americano Profesional).  Nobody even seems to be sure if these Mexican players will count as non-imports (aka Canadians), as imports (aka Americans), or some other category.  :hmm:

https://www.tsn.ca/esks-select-wr-cotera-no-1-in-lfa-cfl-draft-1.1241199