And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2016, 10:32:22 AM
I can't believe they're going to play soccer outdoors in December. :huh:

Yeah, an arctic front is about to hit the Pacific Northwest so Seattle will be cold, and Toronto is not the nicest place in December.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2016, 10:32:22 AM
I can't believe they're going to play soccer outdoors in December. :huh:

Canada is testing their evil scheme to finally beat those Central American and Caribbean countries?

QuoteLets keep this in mind in case Seattle loses to the Canadian team in the final - like all the American teams in the Eastern division

Hey! If it weren't for those seven goals NYC FC would have tied them!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2016, 10:35:17 AM
Hey! If it weren't for those seven goals NYC FC would have tied them!

:D

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 30, 2016, 12:58:06 PM
I watched the end of it. I'm not much into the CFL when the Als suck & I think a 9 team league is stupid. Find a 10th team, ffs.
or alternatively scrap the divisions.
Quebec city has a football field that is barely used.  I'm sure arrangements could be made.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Man are any sports actually played in Quebec City anymore?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2016, 11:11:04 AM
Man are any sports actually played in Quebec City anymore?

Lots, It's a Junior/College Sports town.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quebec is actually a big football province, and Quebec City is home to what is probably Canada's most dominant University Football program - Laval Rouge et Or.  I'm not sure why the idea of putting a CFL franchise there has never come up.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on December 02, 2016, 01:15:58 PM
Quebec is actually a big football province, and Quebec City is home to what is probably Canada's most dominant University Football program - Laval Rouge et Or.  I'm not sure why the idea of putting a CFL franchise there has never come up.

Oh it comes up. No where decent to play. Laval U doesn't want to share their, to small too, field.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 03, 2014, 01:36:14 PM
Still think Vince Young should have gone to Canada.  His amazing work ethic could then have awed all of Saskatoon.

I never got that, it worked for Ricky Williams.  Granted Ricky had one of the greatest seasons ever by a running back before his meltdown while VY was....serviceable.

Guess what Valmy - you get your wish.

Ed Anger

What a joke. A joke QB for a joke league.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 09, 2017, 11:15:48 PM
What a joke. A joke QB for a joke league.

:P

By the sounds of it though they haven't exactly opened up the vault for VY.  Lots of talk that if he doesn't perform he won't make it out of training camp.  And that as of right now he isn't really in football shape.

Barrister

Where the hell is Valmy! :mad:

Barrister

Bumping for Valmy to comment on his hero Vince Young coming to Regina.

Valmy

Well I am surprised. He had a nice gig down in Austin but I guess he decided he just couldn't stay away. Good luck to him I guess. I have my doubts that he at his age can still be a great QB.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2017, 11:41:36 AM
Well I am surprised. He had a nice gig down in Austin but I guess he decided he just couldn't stay away. Good luck to him I guess. I have my doubts that he at his age can still be a great QB.

What was his gig in Austin?