News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2014, 08:43:57 PM
I wouldn't think so.  Canucks already get NFL broadcasts, and the CFL very purposely schedules its season not to go head to head with the NFL.

You are mistaken about this by the way - the CFL has multiple games played on Sundays once the fall comes.  Because of it's schedule and Canadian weather, during July - August they tend to play night games, but come the fall they play a lot more weekend afternoon games.

Though, all, in all, the CFL does not have any guaranteed timeslots like the NFL does - game time and game day can change from week to week (hell this year included a fairly stupid Tuesday night game).

The playoffs, by the way, are all exclusively on Sundays.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Neil-o - it's on - Labour Day Classic - Bombers at 'Riders.

Labour Day has been rough on the Bombers for awhile, but I am cautiously optimistic this year will be different. :menace:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 31, 2014, 11:00:10 AM
Neil-o - it's on - Labour Day Classic - Bombers at 'Riders.

Labour Day has been rough on the Bombers for awhile, but I am cautiously optimistic this year will be different. :menace:
That was a heck of a finish.  Thrills, chills, spills and a great goal-line dive by a former Baltimore Raven.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

That Bombers line...  What happened to these guys?  And to the Redblacks?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2014, 08:48:30 PM
That Bombers line...  What happened to these guys?  And to the Redblacks?

I wish I knew Neil... I wish I knew. :(

Neil

At least I know what happened to the Riders...  That late hit killed their season.

That's why the QB should always just spike the ball if there's a whistle.

Grey Fox

The Troy Smith era in Montreal is.....over!

It was a resouding failure.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Woo!  Blue Bombers win in Saskatchewan!  First time since 2004!

:cool:

Barrister

Neil

No emoticon for last weeks humiliation?

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 13, 2015, 08:35:02 AM
No emoticon for last weeks humiliation?

You had your chance to mention it.

Barrister

Wow, I haven't posted here in the entire last year.  I'm failing you guys. :cry:

Anyways, it's Labour Day weekend, the time for all the great Labour Day Classic games, including Winnipeg at Saskatchewan.

Now the Blue Bombers have gone 0-11 since 2004 on Labour Day, but this year I'm feeling lucky.  :cool:

Barrister

Crazy game.

Riders down by six, manage a 50-some yard put return for a TD with under a minute left!  Crowd goes nuts.

They miss the extra point!!  Bombers run it out for the Rider 40-some yard line!!!

dying seconds FG for the win.  First BB win on Labour Day since 2004. :cool:

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister