News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Still think Vince Young should have gone to Canada.  His amazing work ethic could then have awed all of Saskatoon.

I never got that, it worked for Ricky Williams.  Granted Ricky had one of the greatest seasons ever by a running back before his meltdown while VY was....serviceable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 03, 2014, 01:36:14 PM
Still think Vince Young should have gone to Canada.  His amazing work ethic could then have awed all of Saskatoon.

I never got that, it worked for Ricky Williams.  Granted Ricky had one of the greatest seasons ever by a running back before his meltdown while VY was....serviceable.

CFL is such a pass-happy league though I don't think it would have been VY's wheelhouse.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on July 03, 2014, 01:38:41 PM
CFL is such a pass-happy league though I don't think it would have been VY's wheelhouse.

Probably right.  But still the opportunity was there and he turned it down.  That showed me he was not serious about being a starting QB in the NFL again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

Yeah, a mobile QB can really thrive in Canada, but he needs to be a great passer first and foremost.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 03, 2014, 12:16:00 PM
And tonight we see the first game ever for the Ottawa RedBlacks!   :cool:  There opponent is a little-known team called the Blue Bombers...

And Ed, Troy Smith was far from the hero of Canada after going 17 of 40 in a 29-8 loss.

I watched a bit on espn2. And laughed my ass off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on July 03, 2014, 07:59:37 PM
ruh-ro

...but all's well that ends well.   :cool:

2-0 baby.

Good to see that the RedBlacks don't look like a doormat.

Barrister

3-0 baby.   :cool:  Big Blue with another come-from-behind victory.

Troy Smith did hook up with Ochocinco for a TD pass, but both otherwise looked pretty unremarkable.

Admiral Yi

On Friday night the bar I went to had CFL on.  I watched a bit.  I had no problem with jump starting receivers or the squibbed field goals.

My first main problems were that it was *slow*.  It looked like a practice session run at 2/3 speed.  My second main problem is there was no *hitting*.  I saw a lot of receivers being pushed out of bounds, but didn't see anyone getting smacked.  That's a lot of the appeal of football for me--people blowing each other up--and the CFL seems to lack in that department.

Neil

Yeah, a side effect of the larger field is that it's slightly rarer to get huge hits.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Is it me or is this the most boring season ever?

Berkut

So there is a lot of speculation going around that one of the groups looking to buy the Bills is going to move them to Toronto.

Would that just screw up the CFL to have a real football organization in Canada?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

I wouldn't think so.  Canucks already get NFL broadcasts, and the CFL very purposely schedules its season not to go head to head with the NFL.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on July 21, 2014, 08:33:19 PM
So there is a lot of speculation going around that one of the groups looking to buy the Bills is going to move them to Toronto.

Would that just screw up the CFL to have a real football organization in Canada?

Nobody goes to CFL games in Toronto so I am not sure what difference it would make. 

Valmy

They are all at the Blue Jays games amiright?