News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

They've started showing this on Eurosport 2, of course, the same channel also has darts and bowling on the programme.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on August 06, 2011, 02:15:42 PM
They've started showing this on Eurosport 2, of course, the same channel also has darts and bowling on the programme.

Have you watched any?

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on August 06, 2011, 02:17:10 PM
Quote from: Liep on August 06, 2011, 02:15:42 PM

Have you watched any?

Yes, it was mostly very boring.

But, I just checked the scheduling and turns out it was AFL, figured something was wrong as I didn't think Canadians would play inside. Is the A for Arena?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

A sort of fun AFL is the Australian kind though, weird, but entertaining.

Grey Fox

The world has gone to hell & back. Edmonton & Winnipeg in first at 5-1 :bleedings:

Go Als! AC for Prime Minister!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 06, 2011, 02:46:17 PM
The world has gone to hell & back. Edmonton & Winnipeg in first at 5-1 :bleedings:

Go Als! AC for Prime Minister!

And you forgot who beat who on Friday night. :cool:

Neil

Last night's game was awesome.  The Bombers defence was simply devastating in the ferocity of their pass rush.  No wonder they swagger.  Edmonton was physically beaten pretty much non-stop after halftime.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Hey Neil-o:

This coming weekend is the Labour Day classic.

It features the 7-1 Blue Bombers, versus the 1-7 Roughriders. :menace:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2011, 11:02:06 PM
Hey Neil-o:

If only the Roughriders knew how to tackle anymore.  As it is, the Bombers defence is much more fun to watch.  I enjoyed the Winnipeg-Hamilton game the other night.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on August 28, 2011, 11:05:29 PM
Hey Neil-o:

If only the Roughriders knew how to tackle anymore.  As it is, the Bombers defence is much more fun to watch.  I enjoyed the Winnipeg-Hamilton game the other night.

That was a fun game. :)

But I have to admit I love the Swaggerville approach that the team has taken as well.   :cool:

Lots of comments that between the Bombers, the Return of the Jets, the success of the Fish, and the general good weather, this has been the best summer in Winnipeg history.   :)

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2011, 11:45:50 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 28, 2011, 11:05:29 PM
Hey Neil-o:

That was a fun game. :)

But I have to admit I love the Swaggerville approach that the team has taken as well.   :cool:

Lots of comments that between the Bombers, the Return of the Jets, the success of the Fish, and the general good weather, this has been the best summer in Winnipeg history.   :)
Yeah, Swaggerville was a great angle.

The Fish?

Barrister

Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball team.

crazy canuck

Entirely disinterested this year. 

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 29, 2011, 11:16:42 AM
Entirely disinterested this year.
In the Goldeyes?  Yeah, me too.