News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

In the highlight clips I've watched the US looks like crap.

Jacob

Oh jeez, I wanted to see the Candian goals and the CBC's story has a breakdown of Davie's goal and it is OBNOXIOUS... crappy cutting, flashing effects, jump editing, weird statistics overlay (top running speed?)... I just want to see the goal FFS.

Jacob

Thankfully Soccer Canada has a more regular highlight reel on youtube.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2021, 05:18:10 PM

They're a young team that often runs hot and cold. They also have a couple key players who are out injured, Pulisic and Reyna, arguably the two best American players of this generation.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

It's complicated.

But I am certainly very disappointed so far.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 14, 2021, 09:06:10 PM
They're a young team that often runs hot and cold. They also have a couple key players who are out injured, Pulisic and Reyna, arguably the two best American players of this generation.

When have they run hot recently?

Josephus

Yeah. But they and Mexico will still grab spots 1 and 2, because that's the way it is. Spot 3 is the one with all the competition.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2021, 11:27:57 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 14, 2021, 09:06:10 PM

When have they run hot recently?

This summer they looked alright, the Nations League and the Gold Cup - not world beaters, but more coherent as a team.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

Mo Salah is having a ridiculous season :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

What's so special about "the top drawer?"  The top drawer of what?  The top drawer is where I put my socks.

"Top shelf" on the other hand is obvious.  That's where you display the most expensive booze.

Josquius

The top drawer is where jewelry is kept.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on October 16, 2021, 02:12:17 PM
The top drawer is where jewelry is kept.

I keep mine in my second drawer, that way thieves won't find them.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

But imagine the embarrassment if a thief breaks into your house and finds no jewels.
It would be all over the society pages.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on October 16, 2021, 05:14:57 PM
But imagine the embarrassment if a thief breaks into your house and finds no jewels.
It would be all over the society pages.

True. Still, you could just claim someone had stolen them.