News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

He might well leave but I doubt it will be to Inter.

We are a complete mess.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on July 25, 2020, 02:36:06 AM
He might well leave but I doubt it will be to Inter.

Will Serie A have to wait to regain its 90s/early '00s prominent status then?

We are a complete mess.

Even if he does not leave, Messi will stop playing eventually. FCB governance will have to be sorted out, sooner or later.

celedhring

The current board cannot run for reelection (not that they would have a chance, they're as popular as Covid-19), so we'll get somebody new next year. That doesn't necessarily mean an improvement.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

So Newcastle takeover off. Good to know where exactly football would draw the line in terms of dodgy character/countries buying clubs: the infringement of Premier League IP and broadcasting rights :lol: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Swiss are investigating Gianni Infantino
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Christ. Imagine being so criminal the Swiss notice :o
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/01/austrian-football-team-sorry-for-9-0-loss-that-saw-opponents-promoted

QuoteAustrian football team sorry for 9-0 loss that saw opponents promoted

Austrian second-tier side Floridsdorfer AC have apologised for a 9-0 defeat which allowed opponents Ried to win promotion on goal difference, but denied that they behaved improperly.

Ried finished top of Austria's Second League above Austria Klagenfurt, who beat Wacker Innsbruck 6-1 in the final matches on Friday. Ried's goal difference was 34 to Klagenfurt's 29. Only the champions are promoted to the top flight.

"Yesterday's defeat at SV Ried still causes us headaches and consternation," Floridsdorfer said in a statement on Saturday. "We are aware that we disappointed many people with yesterday's performance. We would like to apologise on behalf of the entire Floridsdorfer Sports Club for the desolate and unprofessional performance of our team."

However, the statement added: "We vehemently defend ourselves against various accusations that are circulating. In the coming days and weeks, we will intensively analyse and process yesterday's events."

Klagenfurt coach Robert Micheu complained that Floridsdorfer had allowed five players to go on holiday and added: "We scored a goal, then Ried scored again - very interesting."

There was no immediate comment from the Austrian league.

:whistle: :goodboy: :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Valmy

I just cannot believe a team from Austria would ever collude to help an opponent advance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on August 02, 2020, 01:18:06 PM
I just cannot believe a team from Austria would ever collude to help an opponent advance.

^_^
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on August 02, 2020, 01:47:26 PM

^_^

:lol:

In other news, Benfica can't play for shit. Despite playing with one player more than Porto following a two yellows, they lost 1-2 in the Portuguese Cup Final. Two flukes on the Benfica side, which gave two chances converted into goals by the unlikely Chancel Mbemba, a defender .

They will really need Jesus to perform some miracles.
Nor to mention, that's the weakest Porto team in the last 20 years.

celedhring

^_^

Is this a reference to the 82 WC?  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on August 03, 2020, 05:46:54 AM

^_^

Is this a reference to the 82 WC?  :lol:

You mean "The Non-Aggression Pact of Gijon" and the reason why afterwards the last group matches were always held in parallel? Nah .....  :P

It was a big change compared to "The Shame of Cordoba 1978" where the already eliminated Austrians beat Germany who therefore also were eliminated.
—Stephen Jay Gould