Author Topic: Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 342086 times)

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • On lockdown
Re: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #6915 on: July 25, 2020, 02:36:06 am »
He might well leave but I doubt it will be to Inter.

We are a complete mess.

Duque de Bragança

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
« Reply #6916 on: July 25, 2020, 07:43:31 am »
He might well leave but I doubt it will be to Inter.

Will Serie A have to wait to regain its 90s/early '00s prominent status then?

We are a complete mess.

Even if he does not leave, Messi will stop playing eventually. FCB governance will have to be sorted out, sooner or later.

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • On lockdown
« Reply #6917 on: July 25, 2020, 07:53:49 am »
The current board cannot run for reelection (not that they would have a chance, they're as popular as Covid-19), so we'll get somebody new next year. That doesn't necessarily mean an improvement.

Sheilbh

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #6918 on: July 26, 2020, 02:08:18 pm »
Baines :wub: :weep: :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #6919 on: July 30, 2020, 09:46:12 am »
So Newcastle takeover off. Good to know where exactly football would draw the line in terms of dodgy character/countries buying clubs: the infringement of Premier League IP and broadcasting rights :lol: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

• Octogon Champion
  • I'm a very patient man
« Reply #6920 on: July 30, 2020, 02:19:18 pm »
Swiss are investigating Gianni Infantino
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #6921 on: July 30, 2020, 04:55:09 pm »
Christ. Imagine being so criminal the Swiss notice :o
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

• Donald the Carpathian
« Reply #6922 on: August 01, 2020, 02:00:18 pm »
Arteta's Arsenal.  :bowler:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

• Neil
« Reply #6923 on: August 02, 2020, 02:05:30 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/01/austrian-football-team-sorry-for-9-0-loss-that-saw-opponents-promoted

Austrian football team sorry for 9-0 loss that saw opponents promoted

Austrian second-tier side Floridsdorfer AC have apologised for a 9-0 defeat which allowed opponents Ried to win promotion on goal difference, but denied that they behaved improperly.

Ried finished top of Austria’s Second League above Austria Klagenfurt, who beat Wacker Innsbruck 6-1 in the final matches on Friday. Ried’s goal difference was 34 to Klagenfurt’s 29. Only the champions are promoted to the top flight.

“Yesterday’s defeat at SV Ried still causes us headaches and consternation,” Floridsdorfer said in a statement on Saturday. “We are aware that we disappointed many people with yesterday’s performance. We would like to apologise on behalf of the entire Floridsdorfer Sports Club for the desolate and unprofessional performance of our team.”

However, the statement added: “We vehemently defend ourselves against various accusations that are circulating. In the coming days and weeks, we will intensively analyse and process yesterday’s events.”

Klagenfurt coach Robert Micheu complained that Floridsdorfer had allowed five players to go on holiday and added: “We scored a goal, then Ried scored again - very interesting.”

There was no immediate comment from the Austrian league.

:whistle: :goodboy: :lol:
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Tamas

• Blessed by Valmy
  • we are not in Kansas anymore
« Reply #6924 on: August 02, 2020, 11:13:05 am »
Arteta's Arsenal.  :bowler:

Stupid incompetent cheating referee. :bowler:

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #6925 on: August 02, 2020, 01:18:06 pm »
I just cannot believe a team from Austria would ever collude to help an opponent advance.
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Honorary gay award from Martinus

Syt

• Neil
« Reply #6926 on: August 02, 2020, 01:47:26 pm »
I just cannot believe a team from Austria would ever collude to help an opponent advance.

^_^
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Duque de Bragança

« Reply #6927 on: August 03, 2020, 05:40:01 am »

^_^

:lol:

In other news, Benfica can't play for shit. Despite playing with one player more than Porto following a two yellows, they lost 1-2 in the Portuguese Cup Final. Two flukes on the Benfica side, which gave two chances converted into goals by the unlikely Chancel Mbemba, a defender .

They will really need Jesus to perform some miracles.
Nor to mention, that's the weakest Porto team in the last 20 years.

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • On lockdown
« Reply #6928 on: August 03, 2020, 05:46:54 am »

^_^

Is this a reference to the 82 WC?  :lol:

Syt

• Neil
« Reply #6929 on: August 03, 2020, 05:49:05 am »

^_^

Is this a reference to the 82 WC?  :lol:

You mean "The Non-Aggression Pact of Gijon" and the reason why afterwards the last group matches were always held in parallel? Nah .....  :P

It was a big change compared to "The Shame of Cordoba 1978" where the already eliminated Austrians beat Germany who therefore also were eliminated.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:51:51 am by Syt »