News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on January 14, 2020, 04:23:24 AM
Yeah, not understanding that decision at all. Setiens resume doesn't look that impressive, is he known in Spain?

His Betis team overachieved while playing nice football. But I'm not sure he'll be able to keep a star-studded dressing room in line due to his lack of pedigree.

Duque de Bragança

Latin/Castilian glossary of football but pretty easy to understand.

More details in Castilian:
https://www.elperiodico.com/es/barca/20190118/barca-latin-twitter-barcinops-guillem-cintas-7251581

PS : Pedifollii (sic) should be Pedifollis (genitive III declension). The Barça fan behind it, Classic languages teacher must not have been happy with it.  :P

Liep

Tottenham continues to suck. I really hope Eriksen gets to leave in January so he can join Inter, it's sad to see him waste away.

Also I'd rather visit Milan for a spring game than London. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

If soccer shoes are called boots, what are boots called?

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx_LLdBDsWg

Excellent breakdown of the San Francisco 49er's run offense.  I post it here to PRAWN any naysayers about the complexity of the NFL.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

What's going on with the weather in Europe?  Seems like a bunch of matches have been cancelled or at least postponed. 

This probably should have gone in the Weather WTF thread, but I first learned about it when I turned on the TV to watch Man City vs West Ham and the match wasn't there.

Liep

Quote from: dps on February 09, 2020, 01:36:53 PM
What's going on with the weather in Europe?  Seems like a bunch of matches have been cancelled or at least postponed. 

This probably should have gone in the Weather WTF thread, but I first learned about it when I turned on the TV to watch Man City vs West Ham and the match wasn't there.

Major storm hitting the UK, Benelux, northern France and Germany and southern Scandinavia.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2020, 01:45:38 PM
Quote from: dps on February 09, 2020, 01:36:53 PM

Major storm hitting the UK, Benelux, northern France and Germany and southern Scandinavia.

Pretty windy in Paris indeed, though I don't think it really qualifies as storm over here.
Back to football, the Dragon may be in a rough shape this season but at least there is still some suspense in the Portuguese league:

Porto 3 Benfica 2
O Clássico  :smarty:

Liep

The Milan derby is great tonight.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2020, 04:40:32 PM
The Milan derby is great tonight.

Not an Inter fan, but I'm also an "anybody-but-Juve", so go Inter.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011