And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 09, 2019, 07:02:23 AM
In MLS there is always talk of adding a relegation system to the league,

Is there? Not officially. Some fans call for it, but MLS has never really said it would. MLS's goal is to expand, it's the only way it makes money. You can't court new franchises by saying "Oh by the way, there is a chance you'll be languishing in the bottom league for a while."
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on November 09, 2019, 09:28:17 AM
languishing in the bottom league for a while.

Man I would hate to languish someplace with a bunch of outcasts for years at a time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2019, 02:33:09 PM
languishing in the bottom league for a while.

Man I would hate to languish someplace with a bunch of outcasts for years at a time.

Horrible thought
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

VAR is beyond saving.

Is there a time limit where a bad call can no longer be reviewed? Eg. hand ball in Liverpool's penalty box but they score a goal a minute after and before it can be reviewed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on November 10, 2019, 11:41:37 AM
VAR is beyond saving.

Is there a time limit where a bad call can no longer be reviewed? Eg. hand ball in Liverpool's penalty box but they score a goal a minute after and before it can be reviewed.

Maybe there's hope yet, apparently City had a hand on it first so it should've been a Liverpool free kick but that isn't reviewable I guess
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

So. How shall Liverpool blow it this year?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

No parade on Younge Street.

Is that pronounced Yoonj?  Yownj?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Big EC weekend coming up and Denmark is meeting Gibraltar today in a must win. It's raining with heavy wind and about 6 degrees, the pitch sucks and we'll draw and not qualify.

Or we'll win big and still be negative towards the national team.

Liep

The tifo sucks and I can't read what it says, why is it so hard for people to hold up a piece of cardboard

Liep

In good news Finland qualified and it's apparently the first time they'll enter the EC.

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 09, 2019, 07:02:23 AM
In MLS there is always talk of adding a relegation system to the league,

Is there? Not officially.

They've actually said that they are studying it;  I posted about it some time back.  Now, it's entirely possible that they just said that to mollify fans who want to see it, but they did say it.  Of course, even if they were sincere, there's still a huge difference between studying an idea and deciding to implement it.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on November 15, 2019, 02:48:48 PM
In good news Finland qualified and it's apparently the first time they'll enter the EC.

Their first major tournament indeed. Litmanen was maybe the best they had, but there was less spots back then.

Syt

So the Spanish Super Cup will be played in Saudi Arabia for the next three years? I'm sure Spanish fans will appreciate that. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.