Author Topic: Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 276769 times)

Josephus

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • Defender of the Left
Re: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #6450 on: November 09, 2019, 08:28:17 am »
In MLS there is always talk of adding a relegation system to the league,

Is there? Not officially. Some fans call for it, but MLS has never really said it would. MLS's goal is to expand, it's the only way it makes money. You can't court new franchises by saying "Oh by the way, there is a chance you'll be languishing in the bottom league for a while."
"Every gun that's made; every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies a THEFT from those who hunger and are not fed and those who are cold and are not clothed.”....Dwight Eisenhower

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
  • Donald the Carpathian
« Reply #6451 on: November 09, 2019, 01:23:48 pm »
#emeryOUT
"Funk is wronger by a couple orders of magnitude"

"Statistics are like mini-skirts. They give you good ideas, but hide the most important things."

We all know Funk is part of the Shallow State.

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #6452 on: November 09, 2019, 01:33:09 pm »
languishing in the bottom league for a while.

Man I would hate to languish someplace with a bunch of outcasts for years at a time.
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Honorary gay award from Martinus

Josephus

• Defender of the Left
« Reply #6453 on: November 09, 2019, 04:15:04 pm »
languishing in the bottom league for a while.

Man I would hate to languish someplace with a bunch of outcasts for years at a time.

Horrible thought
"Every gun that's made; every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies a THEFT from those who hunger and are not fed and those who are cold and are not clothed.”....Dwight Eisenhower

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

• Russia is fake news
« Reply #6454 on: November 10, 2019, 10:41:37 am »
VAR is beyond saving.

Is there a time limit where a bad call can no longer be reviewed? Eg. hand ball in Liverpool's penalty box but they score a goal a minute after and before it can be reviewed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

• Russia is fake news
« Reply #6455 on: November 10, 2019, 11:26:59 am »
VAR is beyond saving.

Is there a time limit where a bad call can no longer be reviewed? Eg. hand ball in Liverpool's penalty box but they score a goal a minute after and before it can be reviewed.

Maybe there's hope yet, apparently City had a hand on it first so it should've been a Liverpool free kick but that isn't reviewable I guess
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #6456 on: November 10, 2019, 01:04:17 pm »
So. How shall Liverpool blow it this year?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

• Neil
« Reply #6457 on: November 10, 2019, 07:21:37 pm »
No parade on Younge Street.

Is that pronounced Yoonj?  Yownj?
I'm up $25 on DGuller.

HVC

• Octogon Champion
  • I'm a very patient man
« Reply #6458 on: November 10, 2019, 07:51:04 pm »
Yonge pronounced young.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.