News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 13, 2019, 12:47:29 PM
France beat Norway 2-1 with another goal by Virgil van Dijk Wendy Renard. It was an own goal though.

Wasn't crazy about the penalty in that game.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 13, 2019, 01:06:22 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 13, 2019, 12:47:29 PM
France beat Norway 2-1 with another goal by Virgil van Dijk Wendy Renard. It was an own goal though.

Wasn't crazy about the penalty in that game.

"Home advantage" crappy refereeing or crappy defence?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 13, 2019, 01:21:09 PM

I thought it was a bad call.  The defender kicked the ball and the follow through hit the other chick's leg.

Duque de Bragança

Copa América has started!

Among the first results :

Brazil 3 Bolivia 0
Colombia 2  Argentina 0

Argentina collapsed in the end while Brazil won without really any suffering.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0jn1E4XxFI

Did the Swedish goalie give Thailand a sympathy goal?  Breakaway starts at 1:02 of clip.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Paraguay-Qatar 2-2. Yes, this is Copa América, but having the tournament at the same time as the Copa de Oro makes it impossible for Mexico and the US to attend it.
Deserved tie for Qatar, which was losing 2-0.

The other favorite, Uruguay won 4-0 vs Ecuador.

Japan playing soon (stop laughing).

celedhring

Spain makes it to the knockout stages of the women's WC for the first time ever. We'll probably play the USA, so that's the end of the line.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 13, 2019, 01:25:00 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 13, 2019, 01:21:09 PM

I thought it was a bad call.  The defender kicked the ball and the follow through hit the other chick's leg.

I guess you did not like the penalty in France vs Nigeria. "Home advantage"

https://www.france24.com/en/20190617-france-women-world-cup-nigeria-norway-south-korea

Penalty kick, red card following a second yellow, retaken due to a goalkeeper foot not being on the line.
Double standards since French players entered the penalty box before the penalty shot (as per the rules null).

Admiral Yi

Those were two separate penalties, yeah?  Goalie was clearly off the line, and I didn't see the French chicks coming in early.  The second yellow on the mugging in the box I thought was warranted.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2019, 03:46:11 PM
Those were two separate penalties, yeah?  Goalie was clearly off the line, and I didn't see the French chicks coming in early.  The second yellow on the mugging in the box I thought was warranted.

Second yellow seems acceptable to me. The yellow card for the goalkeeper, obviously no.
Nope, penalty shot was retaken since the first one was deemed invalid because the goalkeeper had left too early the line with both feet. As for clearly, that's by a few centimetres. Only one foot is allowed.
French chicks came in too early for the second take, leading to the goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWkoynvlPQWhy enforcing regulations to the letter so selectively?  :hmm:

Strangely enough, the non-French Francophone press, say Belgian, has a different take than French press.  :P

https://www.rtl.be/sport/football/coupe-du-monde/coupe-du-monde-feminine-la-france-le-var-et-le-penalty-polemique-1133972.aspx

QuoteLes garants du jeu s'appuie en fait sur la loi 14 du règlement relative au penalty, qui stipule qu'au moment du tir, "le gardien de but doit avoir au moins un pied sur sa ligne". Pour Melissa Borjas et ses assistants, Chiamak Nnadozie a quitté sa ligne de but trop tôt. Elle écope même d'un carton jaune. Dans le même temps, deux Françaises ont pénétré dans la surface, ce qui est interdit aussi... Wendie Renard se présente une seconde fois. Cette fois, sa frappe termine au fond des filets.

Admiral Yi

I didn't realize the goalie only had to keep one foot.  I might agree then about the shoddy call.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2019, 04:04:58 PM
I didn't realize the goalie only had to keep one foot.  I might agree then about the shoddy call.

To be fair, the rules have been changed a bit lately. Soon, only players of the defending team on free-kicks. No longer both teams, which was a way by the attacking team to induce confusion for the defending goalkeeper.
Such a set-up piece goal was scored in the Portugal-Switzerland game in the League of Nations which prompted badly informed commentators to say that the goal should have been refused.
Rule supposed to be in effect after 25th June, since the League of Nations tournament and qualifiers had started the year before, and ended June 9th.

Admiral Yi

I wonder if the white Jamaican chicks are real Jamaicans or fake Jamaicans.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2019, 05:35:46 PM
I wonder if the white Jamaican chicks are real Jamaicans or fake Jamaicans.

There are pretty strict rules in football regarding nationality. You can't just fake a nationality and play for whatever team you like.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk