Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

So no relation to Princess Caraboo.

Josquius

I don't mind the league cup. Gives teams outside the big 5 a shot at silverware. And reserve players across the league system a competitive run out.
Fixture congestion for the big teams with European commitments should be heightened by design.

Rather than killing the league cup (and fa cup) more money needs putting into them to make winning games more worthwhile for poorer teams
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2021, 07:23:51 PM
So no relation to Princess Caraboo.

It's the League Cup. The League Cup is always named after its sponsor i.e. the organisation paying the most money for it. The FA Cup is different, as it is named after the organisation earning the most money from it.

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on September 23, 2021, 03:13:08 AM
I don't mind the league cup. Gives teams outside the big 5 a shot at silverware. And reserve players across the league system a competitive run out.
Fixture congestion for the big teams with European commitments should be heightened by design.

Rather than killing the league cup (and fa cup) more money needs putting into them to make winning games more worthwhile for poorer teams

Cups are great. It's super satisfying to see a lower tier team beat one of the top teams as happens occasionally.

FunkMonk

Only half time but up 3 goals in the NLD and, uh, I'm very very happy.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Also kind of nice for Saka and Smith-Rowe to be getting goals and assists galore - love a local boy done good story :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 26, 2021, 11:36:45 AM
Also kind of nice for Saka and Smith-Rowe to be getting goals and assists galore - love a local boy done good story :blush:

Smith-Rowe in the post match interview said it was the greatest day of his life  :D.

Funny how the mood around Arsenal is so different now after 4 consecutive wins and a big statement win against Tottenham.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 26, 2021, 01:05:09 PM
Funny how the mood around Arsenal is so different now after 4 consecutive wins and a big statement win against Tottenham.
I cannot believe that the club that produced Arsenal Fan TV could be volatile and prone to violent moodswings :o
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Can't see Nuno surviving past Christmas. Spurs look horrible and letting in 3 goals in each of the last 3 league matches is well deserved tbh.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 26, 2021, 01:10:15 PM
Can't see Nuno surviving past Christmas. Spurs look horrible and letting in 3 goals in each of the last 3 league matches is well deserved tbh.
From Bankrupt Spurs (always a joy):
QuoteJohn Brewin
@JohnBrewin_
Sam Allardyce was just about to take his HGV licence but now he's waiting for a call from Daniel Levy.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 26, 2021, 01:09:47 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 26, 2021, 01:05:09 PM
I cannot believe that the club that produced Arsenal Fan TV could be volatile and prone to violent moodswings :o

The Arsenal fandom is insane  :lol:

But as long as the team is playing well and scoring victories everything is hunky dory.

The fans have really been waiting for today though, so I think the expression of sheer joy today is dialed up to 11. That first half was insane.

FunkMonk

I'll add to Smith-Rowe that he has a bit of Jack Grealish about him in the way he advances with the ball. And of course the socks.  :lol:

I think he's going to go supernova soon and he'll be the second player Arsenal sells for over 100mil after Saka leaves to Man City  :Embarrass: :lol:

Duque de Bragança

:hmm:

Too early to come back to Porto, and his first stint was not exactly a success.
I am sure Mendes would find him another position however.

Zoupa

Sacking the coach is always the easiest decision, but just in the match today you could tell which side wanted it more, and it clearly was NOT the Spurs.

The team's shape is terrible which is surprising since Wolves under Nuno were very structured. Either whip Dele into shape or bench him. Lucas Moura looked terrible out there, very ineffective. Kane missed 2 opportunities that he would put in any other day.

You have to win the midfield, and the Arsenal ran laps around ours for most of the game. Spurs are now 3 W 3L. 4 goals scored in 6 games is shameful. Just play a 4-4-2 or even a 5-4-1 until you get a few clean sheets.

This Spurs team is being very Spursy. I'm pissed.