Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Liverpool are League Champions.

Josquius

As an anti mono in such things I welcome this development.

Plus I've a soft spot for Henderson and Klopp
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

It was frustrating seeing Klopp who I had liked get coated in glue and rolled through the club shop for them. Luckily I've found him quite easy to dislike him since :)

Obviously there is no team I wouldn't prefer winning this. According to family horns and fireworks going off around them <_< :bleeding:

Edit: On the other hand, after four long years we've announced that Oumar Niasse - possibly the worst player I've ever seen for us - is leaving Everton. So swings and roundabouts :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I always thought the everton - Liverpool rivalry was a rather friendly one without any big geographic or cultural divides, with all the hate reserved for Manchester?

But I can imagine Liverpool isn't a great place to be right now.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on June 25, 2020, 04:38:28 PM
I always thought the everton - Liverpool rivalry was a rather friendly one without any big geographic or cultural divides, with all the hate reserved for Manchester?

There's no big geographic or cultural divide (I would say, while I'm sure many are nice, out of town Liverpool fans are kind of insufferable online). So we know each other and obviously no-one likes Manchester, but I think we both have a healthy dislike of each other. I'd rather either Manchester team win than Liverpool.

In part because we know them and because they're scousers. So they will not shut up about this. When I visit family who are Liverpool fans I'll get a cup of tea and an anecdote about Istanbul :bleeding:

If we could just win anything it would probably help :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 25, 2020, 04:45:42 PM

There's no big geographic or cultural divide (I would say, while I'm sure many are nice, out of town Liverpool fans are kind of insufferable online). So we know each other and obviously no-one likes Manchester, but I think we both have a healthy dislike of each other. I'd rather either Manchester team win than Liverpool.

In part because we know them and because they're scousers. So they will not shut up about this. When I visit family who are Liverpool fans I'll get a cup of tea and an anecdote about Istanbul :bleeding:

If we could just win anything it would probably help :bleeding: :weep:

My condolences on today's events.  :hug:

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 25, 2020, 04:14:43 PM
Liverpool are League Champions.

:yeah:  :w00t: :yeah:  :w00t: :yeah:  :w00t: :yeah:  :w00t: :yeah:  :w00t: :yeah:  :w00t: :yeah:  :w00t: :yeah: :w00t:

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 25, 2020, 04:45:42 PM
(I would say, while I'm sure many are nice, out of town Liverpool fans are kind of insufferable online)

I will try to restrain myself.

---------------------------------------

Finally, after 30 years, finally...

Did they really have to take inspiration from the England song for Euro 96... :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Gups

That's what every Liverpool fan will tell you. Everton fans will not (and it really irks them that L'pool's main rivalry is with Man U).

I've never liked Liverpool but this is a great team playing brilliant football and Klopp is not just a fatnastic manager but a really cool human being.

Tamas

Dare to think big: Orban's home village's football team (population 1800) has finished 3rd in the top Hungarian league and thus earned the right to play in the Europa League.

Liep

How did Barca end up with no one but Messi able to get past a man? The wings especially seem useless, they don't even have speed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Okay, that Puig fellow might turn into something.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on June 30, 2020, 03:39:20 PM
How did Barca end up with no one but Messi able to get past a man? The wings especially seem useless, they don't even have speed.

The whole team is in shambles lately, and prospects don't seem good.

Sheilbh

I don't want to jinx this (a 2-0 scoreline still feels dangerous after the Martinez and Silva experience). But it's great looking like a side that have a plan and know how to play football. I fucking love Ancelotti :wub:

Edit: I know this should be the bare minimum. But it is really refreshing seeing an Everton manager spotting a problem and changing things to fix it. It feels like a very, very long time since that happened. Also we keep picking a very young team which makes me hopeful - if only we could get rid of some of our obscenely expensive, older, ornamental players :(
Let's bomb Russia!