News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Man City's away shirt looks like a Tequila Sunrise
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I hear Tottenham didn't do so well last night?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

On City....
Could this finally be Liverpool's year?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Awful week for Portuguese clubs. Between Benfica which starts the Champion's league by fielding a B-team vs Leipzig or Zenith (second defeat in a row in the group phase), so I am not sure they are really interested in getting out of the group phase, or even to Europa League; Porto screwing up against Feyenoord in the Netherlands after a good first half, Braga not getting more than an unlucky draw against Slovan Bratislava at home, Guimarães losing unsurprisingly at home too to Eintracht Frankfurt. Sporting won however against LASK Linz but it's a lucky win all things considered.

The 6th position in UEFA rankings for 2 spots in future CLs has yet to be achieved. Good thing than Russian clubs screwed up too, except precisely Zenith St-Petersburg vs Ben fica.
Or Liga Nos goes the way the Eredivisie has been or was.

FunkMonk

Spurs lose 7-2 at home and then lose again in the league and both Manchester teams get humiliated? Good week of football.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

As a Liverpool fan, I'm already planning the parade down...um, whatever street in Liverpool will have a parade. :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Agelastus

Quote from: Josephus on October 06, 2019, 07:51:00 PM
As a Liverpool fan, I'm already planning the parade down...um, whatever street in Liverpool will have a parade. :D

City won the title last year while losing 4 games to Liverpool's 1; there's still 30 games to go...and Liverpool already seem to be riding their luck.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josephus on October 06, 2019, 07:51:00 PM
As an Everton fan, I'm getting planning permission for a bunker to wait out the next ten years.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Thanks to Schmeichel and Eriksen's only good touch of the game we won against the Swiss. :w00t: Now we just need to beat Gibraltar and tie against Ireland and we might qualify for the EC we're co-hosting.

Schmeichel saves: https://twitter.com/olaf_vv/status/1183088812060303360?s=20

Sheilbh

Thrilled to discover that "Everton" is now in the Google definition of "woe":
great sorrow or distress (often used hyperbolically).
"the Everton tale of woe continued"

Seems about right :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

The British press shows itself to be stupid yet again.
Apparently England ran into trouble last night with a group of Bulgarian neo nazis shouting racist stuff.
The mirrors headline is a sensible England stand tall against the racists. The scum.... They say Bulgar off you nazis. :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Poo La Sic!  Poo La Sic!  :yeah:

How many PL teams get relegated each year?

And how does the PL post season work?

Sheilbh

Three teams are relegated.

No post-season for the Premier League.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 02, 2019, 07:11:51 PM

And how does the PL post season work?

The post season is you qualify for European football and you get to play in a bunch of extraneous games in the next season.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.