News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

1-1 now. By de Jong. The last 30 minutes should be even more interesting. :)

Duque de Bragança

Own goal by Tah after save by Neuer, so 2-1 for the Batavians. Germans had chances to kill the game before.

Duque de Bragança

Penalty for Germany after an off-side.  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Two handballs in the penalty area, first German then Dutch. Penalty scored by Germany.  :lol:

3-2 by the Netherlands now! A not so great German defense in the second half.

Duque de Bragança

It's over now. 4-2 by Wijnaldum in the stoppage time.
Great game!

Josephus

Has Germany ever allowed four goals in one half? That defence was very spotty.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Threviel

Sweden went from 4-0 to 4-4 in the latest WC qualifier or something like that. In Berlin and in the second half IIRC.

Duque de Bragança

Qualifiers for WC 2014 I believe.
Just checked, october 2012, there was even a goal in stoppage time.

Threviel

Duque de Bragança

Portugal 4 Serbia 2

A deserved victory, but two defense mistakes helped a very defensive Serbia back into the game. Nice game to watch.
Pepe was missed.  :P

PS: in Saint-Denis, near Paris, wrong anthem for Albania, Montenegro according to Albanians, others say Andorra (!), so Albanians refused to play until the right anthem was played. The Speaker even spoke of Armenia instead of Albania.  :lol:
France 4 Albania 1

Admiral Yi

Is Pulasic dinged up or just benched for not being awesome enough?

The Larch

Apparently Uli Hoeness has said that if Germany drop Neuer in favour of Ter Stegen in the German national team then Bayern would stop providing players to the team.  :wacko:

Duque de Bragança

I think he probably meant he would stop paying his taxes to the German tax office.  :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 25, 2019, 01:30:18 PM
I think he probably meant he would stop paying his taxes to the German tax office.  :lol:

Again?  :P

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2019, 08:01:33 PM
Is Pulasic dinged up or just benched for not being awesome enough?

He's probably fit. I think Lampard fancies his young English players more. To be fair, they seem to be good players. Pulisic just needs to man up and take his chances when they come.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.