News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on August 06, 2019, 12:04:19 PM
Looks like Rooney's time in the US of A is over at the end of this year...he's heading back to Blighty to play for the mighty Derby (I tried to do a rhyming thing there)

Fuck I have to catch a DC United game soon
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Well, well, well, some promising Sunderland news for once.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49451205

QuoteSunderland: Michael Dell and American investors seek to take over League One side

https://ceoworld.biz/2019/05/20/richlist/

:hmm:

Richest owner in the world?

Wonder how much the Sunderland Till I Die doc helped?
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

So I got tickets to see Engand v. Montenegro at Wembley in November  :bowler:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on August 29, 2019, 09:59:21 AM

Should be fun, England usually plays well in the qualifiers so they can go hopeful in to the cups and then disappoint.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on August 29, 2019, 11:02:50 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 29, 2019, 09:59:21 AM

Should be fun, England usually plays well in the qualifiers so they can go hopeful in to the cups and then disappoint.

:D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Eric Cantona's speech at the Player of the Year ceremony  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 30, 2019, 08:30:15 AM
Eric Cantona's speech at the Player of the Year ceremony  :lol:

Great, even by Cantona's admittedly high standards.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Lord is back in Copenhagen. Maybe he'll get some playing time now so he can re-enter the national squad and we can qualify for the EC we're hosting.

Duque de Bragança

Pepe got injured in the last Portuguese League game, so he won't be playing against Serbia, much to Languish chagrin. :D

Liep

Tamas

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/04/inter-fans-tell-romelu-lukaku-monkey-chants-in-italy-are-not-racist

Apparently it wasn't racist because it was done in jest, to rile him up. It was his own team's supporters defending the racist slurs coming at him from another team, Cagliari.

From Italy to America, turns out the world is devoid of racists and bigots, and is just filled with jokesters.

Duque de Bragança

GER-NL is the top Euro qualifier game tonight. 1-0 at half-time for Germany. Pleasant game, the Batavians stil have their chances.