News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

2-1 for Spain, Faeroe Islanders just scored on a corner kick.  :D

More interesting game than France-Korea, really dominated by les Bleues. 1-0 for now.

Duque de Bragança

Own goals are trendy it seems. Tough luck for the Faeroe goalkeeper.

Duque de Bragança

France-Korea is really boring, with such a gap between teams. It's even worse than Faeroe Islands-Spain. At least, Feroers put a fight and even scored a goal.
France with a 1m86 player (Renard) just has to jump a bit over 1m70 Korean players during corner kicks, and voilà, two goals.

3-0 now.

Duque de Bragança

Galli in Iconium (Lycaonia).  :hmm:

PS: supposed to be movement there.  :P

Duque de Bragança

1-0 for Turkey, after a disappointing start for both teams. Freekick and a somewhat passive French defence.

Duque de Bragança

Duque de Bragança

:lmfao:

Worst game of the French squad since South Africa 2010. Not even a single shot on-target.
Outmatched by the Turkish squad at every level. Only Lloris was good, with a couple of good saves.

Admiral Yi

Kraut  chick who scored is easy on the eyes.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2019, 10:48:22 PM
Kraut  chick who scored is easy on the eyes.

She looked 15 :lol:

There are some nice looking ones, as well as there are dikey ones. the one who got me was Germany's coach. At first I thought it was Klinsman's older brother, but then I realized it was a woman.

But of course the game is not about that. It's about the skill, technique and dexterity of the players.

Though I always root for the team with the biggest boobs.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

The Australia Italy game was actually pretty good
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on June 09, 2019, 06:05:27 AM

But of course the game is not about that. It's about the skill, technique and dexterity of the players.

Much more so than their athletic qualities.  :P

Though I always root for the team with the biggest boobs.

Esthetics fan? :D

The France-Korean was hopeless one-sized. Athletic-wise, this was a travesty.

Maladict

Congrats Duque, the better team won.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2019, 03:45:00 PM
Congrats Duque, the better team won.

Thanks. Team really improved compared to the game vs Switzerland. At last, a proper mid-field with Danilo, Carvalho and Fernandes. Bernardo Silva in a proper position and role for his best game with the national squad.

Some of Koeman's choices are puzzling though (why no VDB?), and one day less of rest seems to have had too much of an influence. Something to change for the next edition?
Still, I will take it!  :P

Wish I were in Porto, Avenida dos Aliados right now...

Some party in the Champs-Élysées, not as many people as 2016 or 2003-04 for Porto but at least there is not trouble.

Day of Portugal, of Camões and Portuguese communities abroad is officially tomorrow (June 10). Well, it started on June 9! :)

Josquius

We are talking about women's World Cup here? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Maladict