And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Just like computer games...there are minimum specs and recommended specs
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Denmark has the longest undefeated streak of any team in FIFA: 17 (9 victories).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on November 19, 2018, 04:51:06 PM
Denmark has the longest undefeated streak of any team in FIFA: 17 (9 victories).

Sorry, what was that? France cannot hear you with its World Cup trophies stuck in its ears.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2018, 04:53:09 PM
Quote from: Liep on November 19, 2018, 04:51:06 PM

Sorry, what was that? France cannot hear you with its World Cup trophies stuck in its ears.

I watched the France - Denmark draw in Moscow. France can fuck off until I get my money back from that snooze fest.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Wait, are you counting Croatia as part of that streak? Because that is...not cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2018, 04:57:35 PM
Wait, are you counting Croatia as part of that streak? Because that is...not cool.

Well, the betting companies count it as a draw. :P

Liep

Germany, Iceland, Poland and Croatia relegated from League A
Denmark, Ukraine, Bosnia and probably Russia is promoted.

I'm kinda liking this Nations League as I wouldn't have given a thought about friendlies this time of the year.

Liep

By my calculations this result should give us a better seeding for both the EC and WC qualifier and a 2nd change at the EC in march 2020.

Maladict

Maybe we can actually qualify for something this time  :sleep:

Duque de Bragança

:nelson: Netherlands scored a late equaliser against Germany eliminating France for the final four tournament in Portugal.
Germany really dominated, even scored, except for the last 10 minutes. Germany relegated into Group B.
Now Portugal, in a meaningless game since they are already qualified, cannot lose against Poland, otherwise Germany will drop onto the group of second seeds for the Euro 2020 qualifiers.   :lol:

Liep

Schweiz.
Danmark.
Irland.
Georgien.
Gibraltar.

Looks like a qual group with a pretty good chance of advancement. :o

Liep

Gruppe A: England, Tjekkiet, Bulgarien, Montenegro, Kosovo
Gruppe B: Portugal, Ukraine, Serbien, Litauen, Luxembourg
Gruppe C: Holland, Tyskland, Nordirland, Estland, Hviderusland
Gruppe D: Schweiz, Danmark, Irland, Georgien, Gibraltar
Gruppe E: Kroatien, Wales, Slovakiet, Ungarn, Aserbajdsjan
Gruppe F: Spanien, Sverige, Norge, Rumænien, Færøerne, Malta
Gruppe G: Polen, Østrig, Israel, Slovenien, Makedonien, Letland
Gruppe H: Frankrig, Island, Tyrkiet, Albanien, Moldova, Andorra
Gruppe I: Belgien, Rusland, Skotland, Cypern, Kazakhstan, San Marino
Gruppe J: Italien, Bosnien-Hercegovina, Finland, Grækenland, Armenien, Liechtenstein

Maladict

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on December 02, 2018, 06:45:32 AM
Schweiz.
Danmark.
Irland.
Georgien.
Gibraltar.

Looks like a qual group with a pretty good chance of advancement. :o

I don't know, Gibraltar are no pushovers. Georgia and Ireland will be shitting themselves.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on December 02, 2018, 06:50:36 AM
Gruppe A: England, Tjekkiet, Bulgarien, Montenegro, Kosovo

who's Tjekklet?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011