News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Sunderland just signed a new player named....

MAX POWER

💪💪💪
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Liep

Tottenham has become the first club in the Premier League since 2003 to not buy a player in the off season. Brexit was blamed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tyr on August 10, 2018, 03:46:53 AM
Sunderland just signed a new player named....

MAX POWER

💪💪💪

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on August 10, 2018, 05:52:05 AM
Tottenham has become the first club in the Premier League since 2003 to not buy a player in the off season. Brexit was blamed.

I am going to laugh if they end up winning the league this season.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Went to the MLS and won't let my talent go to waste

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 13, 2018, 03:41:10 PM

You calling Rooney the Devil?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on August 13, 2018, 04:04:14 PM

At his age, doing that, are you going to tell me he didnt make a deal?

dps

Quote from: Josephus on August 13, 2018, 04:04:14 PM

He's saying Rooney killed the Kennedys.

frunk

Quote from: dps on August 13, 2018, 08:55:32 PM

He's saying Rooney killed the Kennedys.

As least we know the nature of his game.

Syt

Rapid Wien was hosting Slovan Bratislava yesterday. In the past there'd been clashes of hooligans of the clubs, so police were doing border checks (severa fans were sent back because they were packing brass knuckles, knives, balaclavas, and the likes).

The subway towards the stadium had to suspend services after Bratislava supporters tore a door from a subway car. The train had to be stopped, electricity on the part of the track killed and all passengers evacuated.

The "fans" went on to loot a gas station. The police (ca. 1,000 of them) put the area on lockdown. Tram lines in the area were suspended because fans were blocking streets, using illegal fireworks etc. Police started ID checks on everyone, so most of these guys missed the 0-4 defeat of their team in the stadium.

The police then organized buses to take the hooligans back to their parked cars on the Vienna periphery because the Viennese public transports refused to let them back onto the subways.

All of this will be paid for by the tax payer.

I do understand why many of my friends here in Vienna have a very dim view of football and its fans.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2018, 05:20:06 AM
Rapid Wien was hosting Slovan Bratislava yesterday. In the past there'd been clashes of hooligans of the clubs, so police were doing border checks (severa fans were sent back because they were packing brass knuckles, knives, balaclavas, and the likes).

The subway towards the stadium had to suspend services after Bratislava supporters tore a door from a subway car. The train had to be stopped, electricity on the part of the track killed and all passengers evacuated.

The "fans" went on to loot a gas station. The police (ca. 1,000 of them) put the area on lockdown. Tram lines in the area were suspended because fans were blocking streets, using illegal fireworks etc. Police started ID checks on everyone, so most of these guys missed the 0-4 defeat of their team in the stadium.

The police then organized buses to take the hooligans back to their parked cars on the Vienna periphery because the Viennese public transports refused to let them back onto the subways.

All of this will be paid for by the tax payer.

I do understand why many of my friends here in Vienna have a very dim view of football and its fans.

What is it with Eastern Europe and hooliganism?
I've been told in Poland normal people never go anywhere near football stadiums at match time as its just for hooligans.
██████
██████
██████