News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

So, it seems that the CR transfer to Juve is official now.

Pedrito

..and the hard on is still, well, on  :P

I 'm still in disbelief that a move this big could happen, but good for Juve, if they don't need to dismantle the team to pay Ronaldo's wages.
A couple of sales are already in the pipeline, though (Higuain very probably, maybe Alex Sandro and Rugani).

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

crazy canuck

A 17-year-old phenom from the whitecaps is being sent to Munich with a $20 million transfer fee.  doubles the previous record for an MLS player

Grey Fox

I hate how MLS thinks it gets legitimacy by allowing those kinds of transfers.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 25, 2018, 08:34:41 AM
A 17-year-old phenom from the whitecaps is being sent to Munich with a $20 million transfer fee.  doubles the previous record for an MLS player

17 year old phenom from Edmonton.  :contract:

Well, and from Liberia/Ghana too I guess.  But he played Edmonton minor soccer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on July 25, 2018, 09:03:11 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 25, 2018, 08:34:41 AM

17 year old phenom from Edmonton.  :contract:

Well, and from Liberia/Ghana too I guess.  But he played Edmonton minor soccer.

He played in the Whitecaps development system for a couple of years.  Sure, when his parents emigrated to Canada from the refugee camp in Ghana they settled in Edmonton.  But it is the club development system the Whitecaps have created that made this opportunity possible for him.  The development club takes a lot of resources but it is the model that best ensures a supply of players for the main club.

The Larch

Hey Liep, my team has bouth yet another Danish player, Mathias Jensen, a midfielder originally from Nordsjælland. Anything you can tell me about him?

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on August 08, 2018, 03:37:01 PM
Hey Liep, my team has bouth yet another Danish player

I hope he will recover in time for the season opener

Liep

Hey Liep, my team has bouth yet another Danish player, Mathias Jensen, a midfielder originally from Nordsjælland. Anything you can tell me about him?

Young but already captain and regular for his team which have done very well over the past years. He almost made the cut for the world cup team.

Did you guys sell a Dane as well? I only see Sisto, Mor and now Jensen on the list. WHERE'S WASS?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on August 08, 2018, 04:11:15 PM

Young but already captain and regular for his team which have done very well over the past years. He almost made the cut for the world cup team.

Did you guys sell a Dane as well? I only see Sisto, Mor and now Jensen on the list. WHERE'S WASS?

Wass is playing for Valencia now. He wanted to be in a team that played the Champions League.

I see that you don't care much for Hjuslager. It's ok, we don't care much about him either.  :P

Grey Fox

You Euros have any 2nd division flops that maybe you can send the MLS way?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 09, 2018, 07:18:41 AM
You Euros have any 2nd division flops that maybe you can send the MLS way?

Hey, we just sent a damaged goods center back to Sporting Kansas City.